or Connect

Posts by ps4624

A loooooooooong while ago (maybe a year or so) there was a thread relating to a forum members' weight loss.  A bunch of us were just gobsmacked by how amazing she looked and the thread was really long and detailed since we were all begging her to tell how she did it.  I think she had a website detailing her weight loss journey, although I might be making that up.  I think she has two small children and a hubby.  She is a petite blond who cut her hair in a really cute...
My nearly 3 year old DD is super smart, very verbal, curious, funny, loving and pretty darn adorable.  She is also totally defiant - let me repeat TOTALLY DEFIANT.  If I ask her to pick something up, she says no and walks out of the room.  If I ask her to stop throwing food, she does it more to see the reaction.  Seriously, I would pass out in shock if she ever did anything I asked without a battle of wills starting.   My husband and I are pretty sure we are handling...
We have the chicken pox right now!  The bumps started on Friday.  My DD doesn't have a fever, but I think she could probably still pass it on.  We are in RURAL McKinney - almost Princeton.  If you are interested in taking a drive out to the country, we are willing to share a lollipop or two.  :)  PM me if you want to chat.
We are moving from Plano to rural McKinney/Farmersville area and I am suddenly panicking at the thought of not knowing any other moms in the area.  I was hoping to find some like minded mamas near the area.   Thanks!
I am a total novice - I barely know how to thread my machine, so please forgive my ignorance.  I need to figure out how to fix my skirts!  I have a ton of hippie skits - tiered, floor length, one size fits all type deals.  They fit me everywhere but in the waist - all of them have elastic waist bands that are too tight (apparently I am thick waisted in addition to being thick headed! ).  My goal is this - somehow loosen the waist for some breathing room.  I've tried...
I need to lose some weight (I can't stand being heavy in the heat and it's already hot here!).  I've been following Ramiel Nagels' "Cure Tooth Decay" protocol - no grains, lots of bone broth, lots of raw dairy, lots of grass fed meat, etc.  I do feel like it's strengthening my teeth, but I'm scared it's going to stall any weight loss.  It's basically TF without any grains, so I'm wondering if anyone here has eaten this way and managed to drop any weight.  Thanks!
I just weaned by 25 month old DD.  It took me about 6 weeks start to finish.  Here's what I did:   1.  I told her repeatedly that nummas loved her very much, but they were almost "all gone" (a term she understands).  I told her when she felt like she needed nummas, she could tell me and that we would go to the "cuddle corner" of the couch and cuddle until she felt better.  I designated a different part of the couch from where she usually nursed as the cuddle...
Yesterday afternoon was the last time my 2 year old nursed.  We've been gradually cutting back nursing sessions for a few weeks.  We've talked about it in detail, and while she's not thrilled, she's doing *so* much better than I expected.    The problem is that my breasts are in agony - they are hot to the touch, rock hard and throbbing.  I've had cabbage compresses on all day and I'm drinking Earth Mama Angel Baby "No More Milk" tea.  I'm avoiding bread, beer and...
I totally went through this - I think I was bitten 30 times in one day, which filled me with so much rage I was frightened!  I learned that I needed to immediately detach my DD from the breast, say *very* strongly "No teeth!  Biting hurts!" and then walk away.  She immediately melted down and my hubby would come to comfort her and reiterate "No biting Mama. Biting hurts."  I wouldn't nurse her again for about a 1/2 hour (which in toddler world is forever) because she...
My 22 month old DD loves that game - it also drives me insane.  I learned how to nurse without rolling over  - I move my opposite shoulder towards her so that she can nurse from the breast farthest away from her face (does that make sense?).  Anyway, it makes it easier to handle the demands without rolling around all night.  I wish I had set more boundaries when it first started, because it is *annoying* and makes NIP a difficult experience.  :)