or Connect

Posts by lach

Wow, 10 kids is really impressive!  I'd actually be much more interested in hearing about the logistics of keeping them all in line and keeping them from fighting, honestly.  I have 3, and it is quite the handful!  I think a realistic book about schedules and making sure that the needs of every child is met in a large family would be very interesting.  I'll be honest that another book about how I need to be happy all the time and appreciate these passing moments and blah...
All 3 of mine got a Corolle baby doll for their first Christmas, and each of them play with their doll all the time.  I definitely recommend them.  They have very sweet little faces that babies seem instantly drawn to, and are quite durable.  We bought the 15" baby dolls with cloth bodies and no hair.
Again, you're missing the point.   It's not about city versus urban, and constantly claiming that you just don't understand the city folk, and the city folk probably don't understand you! is belittling and entirely besides the point.   It's about an unprecedented disaster.   I'm sure your friends were prepared for what they considered to be the worst case scenario.  And then it turned out to be much, much worse.   Why is that so hard to understand?
  I think you're still missing the point.   It's not that people were "unsure" how to prepare.   It's that a natural disaster of this magnitude has never fallen on this area in recorded history.  This was the largest hurricane in recorded history.  It was building wind speed and slowing down all day, and then it suddenly sped up and hit at almost category-2 level.  There have been 4 Category 2 hurricanes to hit New York in recorded history, and none had as extreme a tidal...
Have you seen any photos of New York City or New Jersey?  You're calling that a minor emergency?   You think people should be running generators and Coleman stoves in their apartments?   Do you realize that water treatment plants, oil refineries, power stations were taken out?   Have you seen the photographs of all the people being evacuated from the hospitals?   This thread is mind-bogglingly insulting to people who have DIED, to people who are...
Would it be easier to email?  Are you on Facebook with him? Calling just seems kind of quaint these days, LOL.

The past few comments are kind of what I was talking about, actually.   The litmus test keeps getting stricter and stricter.  Now we all need to be using reusable toilet paper and the reasons /why/ we want to baby carry are up for scrutiny?  Puh-lease.   As I said, if MDC wants to continue as a popular parenting board, it needs to accept that there's a spectrum of crunch, and it needs to be open and welcoming to people who are in the general area of crunchy if it...
I stopped posting much when I had finally had enough of the overmoderation. But I softened, and started coming back, and honestly nothing ever really grabs me.  It's not even that it's slow.  As others have said, there's actually something to be said for a site that you can keep up with without it taking over your life!     When I was TTC and pregnant and had a newborn, I was scared to death because I knew nothing about babies.  I knew I didn't want to CIO, I knew...
I'm so sorry for your loss.   You are in my thoughts and prayers today.