or Connect

Posts by lach

Is that the ebook you get for free when you sign up to participate in the homeschool buyer's coop?  There's some ebook about carschooling that they send you.  I wasn't terribly impressed.  Everything seemed either obvious (sing counting songs!) or impractical.
Heaven's Harvest Farms has a Hingham pickup.   http://www.heavensharvestfarm.com/   That's all I know of.
I would go to a library and bookstore (though you might have more luck at a library) and find a kids craft book that is entirely recipes for glue, playdough, etc.  Read through it and see if there's anything that sounds promising.   Two books that I know that exist that are like this are: Make your Own Playdough, Paint, and other Craft Materials: Easy Recipes to Use With Young Children, by Patricia Caskey   and   Recipes for Art Supplies, by Helen...
I doubt the kids are standing around in the cold.  I'm sure they're running and playing and having fun!  It sounds like your DD is the only one who is forced to be inactive, as she's sitting in the baby room waiting for her classmates to come back in.   I'm actually rather disturbed that you don't let your child play outside in the winter.
  To clarify my above response point by point:     Well, yes.  Because apparently some parents can't figure out how to dress their children appropriately.  It's March, and if they haven't figured it out by now, I think a little condescension is probably in order to make them finally get it.  Who knows how often they've reminded specific parents about this issue, too.     I think you can be professional without writing a formal business manner.  I found the letter...
I think the note was fine.  I know on a few occassions I've forgotten a winter weather item for DD when I take her to preschool, and I feel just terrible.  The schools she has gone to have a bin of extras, but it's still a pain for them to dig through it and find things for her, which may be too big or too small or not as warm as I'd like.   Why do you want her to stay inside below 40?  That's not very cold at all!  Most kids need to go outside every day to run off...
When you are in pain, it's an automatic reflex to make that pain stop.  It's just how your brain is programmed.  I have a toddler who is a biter, and I promise you it takes every fiber of my "good mama" being not to react with a scream and a push.  He HURTS.  He's broken the skin and leaves black and blue marks.  He's gotten much better, but for a while I was afraid to leave the house with him in case he bit someone randomly.   Obviously, I'm not saying popping her...
When I was in school, every once and a while someone would bring in a cousin or a private school friend to shadow them for a day.  It wasn't a big deal. The guests were definitely objects of interest, but in a friendly way.  Do they have any friends in public school that they could buddy with?  That might make it easier.
Do you have an Ikea near you?  They have an unfinished one that you can paint or leave as is.  It's very solid.
I started it, but I couldn't get very far.  I found it fear mongering, and didn't think that it was all that based in reality, or history.  Particularly history.   It seemed like a book written for parents with young children who themselves had poor relationships with their parents.  I think it's interesting on this thread that most of the people who liked the book admit to this, and most of the people saying they didn't like the book have older kids or say that had...