or Connect

Posts by mamakaikai

Yes, we will be doing the morphology u/s. I`m planning another homebirth and feel better about everything knowing that we have (attempted to) ruled out any major health issues for the baby or placenta. We are 45 minutes away from the hospital so for us, it is worth knowing if we have any complications we need to pay attention to that would best be handled closer to a medical facility with skilled staff. We won`t be finding out the sex of the baby though.
I will! We've had our cloth diaper stash in constant use over the last 4 years with our first 2 babies. We have a variety of diapers including fuzzy buns, blueberries, bamboozles, motherease and prefolds. My favorites are the blueberri all in ones. We'll need to supplement with a few more since some of our fuzzy buns have deteriotated, mostly the snaps.   We also do a combo of EC and cloth. Our kids tend to stop pooping in their diapers by the time they are...
EDD April 1st mamakaikai Age: 31 State or Country: Canada How long it took to you to get your BFP: Surprise! What number child is this for you: 3! 2xdd, 4, 2. Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): in a 13 year relationship Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): girl?! Birth Plans/Preferences: Home waterbirth attended by midwives. Anything else you'd like to share: My last birth went super fast and I'm a bit nervous about...
Haha! I haven't cooked much either, and we normally cook everything from scratch. I've essentially had my kids survive on raw food...not as in raw food diet but as in I don't have to cook it. I'll cut up fruit and cheese and put nuts and crackers on a plate and call it a meal. I just can't be involved in all the smelly foods. I have made cheesy noodles a few times though. And thankfully out papa chef is taking over in the kitchen, though I wanted to cook him the day he...
I had my first appointment this week and got a dating ultrasound and got to see the baby andn the heartbeat! It was very exciting and we brought our 4 yrs old and 2 year old into the room to see the baby and the heart beat. It was an awesome moment to share that with them!  I went in first by myself to see that everything looked ok and then the tech went out to get the rest of my family. I'll never forget the look on my 4 yr olds face!   My next appointment is in 4...
sorry for your loss. Best wishes for your healing.
I completely agree! Not telling people the sex of the baby is basically just buying you time until the reality sets in. People will spend their money how they see fit, even if given parameters. As I also learned with our first daughter, even if we specified gender neutral, people still got purple frilly dresses, because...they weren't pink right?! It's one of the more frustrating things about parenting, imo. I have ideas on how I want to raise my daughters, but the people...
I am so excited for everyone who's heard the heartbeat or seen the baby or even just met with their hcp! I don't really know what my midwife looks like yet, well one of the two yes, but not the other. I have to wait until about 14 weeks to meet with them, so I decided to book an apt with my fam Dr. next week. I've also booked a dating utrasound so I am excited to go to that and the waiting seems so long! I never did that last time around, in fact we were going with no...
Great, so we're a pack of itchy sloths... ! The very cute kinds of sloths, of course.   The other random thing I've noticed with each of my pregnancies is that my leg hair grows more slowly.
I am itchy too! I find it really hard to fall asleep at night as I am itching all over all the time. So irritating! My hands are also itchy. I thought maybe it was just the humidity in the air or something, but maybe it's pregnancy related. Are we there yet??!!says the 8 weeks pregnant one)