or Connect

Posts by SashaBreeze

OH! and Comic Books how the heck did I forget those?  I could debate Marvel vs. DC literally for hours. Yes, there are other publishers... but come on those are the big boys and most likely always will be
Not a nerd but totally a major geek here. : )   D&D - I refuse to play anything but 2nd addition and have played it weekly since highschool.  The group I currently play with has been together over a decade.   MMOs - Been playing them since the original EQ.   Video Games - I cried when Aerith (the flower girl) died and I am NOT ashamed to admit it.   Star Wars - Yes our son has his fathers old pillow cases.   Lord of the Rings - I seriously debated...
Well... I think we all know the reason why now...
You actually have to share a home with your MIL, a reality that I can not bring myself to even think about.  Hijack away, you need and deserve it.
 but I'm confused... I thought my dh was/is an only child? 
  Totally didn't even think to do that.   I usually try to donate anything we dont need/want to various places but the make up I just didn't even think about anyone needing it.  Now that you said that I can think of the PERFECT place I could have donated it.
Sadly she is one of those people that sits and watches you open .......each......and......every.....ptreasent and then grills you (no matter how old or young you are) over every purchase on how you feel about the present and why and where she bought it.  So I know the reasons she bought them, as strange as they are.    She bought the electric scooter for our 4 year old because he has multiple developmental delays and can not pedal so she figured he could "ride a bike" by...
  The list goes on and on but to sum it up quickly during my VERY difficult twin pregnancy she loved to tell people "please pray for my son he is having a very hard time this pregnancy."
from MIL   An electric scooter (moped) --------- For our 4 year old autistic son.   Disney Princess Crayon kit ---------- For our VERY mature 13 year old daughter (has dreadlocks, is saving to open homeless shelter and so forth)   A giant box of real make up ---------- For our 10 year old daughter (MIL KNOWS that we dont allow make up until age 16 at least)     It is almost as if she thought to herself "This year lets make Christmas really age...
Thank you all.   We didn't get to go see the lights, the boys HATE the car and scream from the moment you put them in the car until the moment you take them out, there is no way I was going to brave that.  The older kids say they are ok with it, hopefully they are not just putting on a brave face for mommy.   We are not having a stressful holiday at all, but we just aren't doing much of anything and it makes me sad for my older kids.  Dh and I talked it over...