or Connect

Posts by SashaBreeze

Here are the links you wanted posted (i think) Plainand Tall   http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/101/6/e5    and     http://www.cirp.org/library/pain/taddio2/      also OMG I was pretty much horrified at my home states % when I checked out the first link.  I figured it would be bad, but wow.  Seems the OB's are particularly bad about not giving any type of anesthesia.
I "think" it comes from saying the word penis or just talking openly about anything to do with genitalia at all in a public forum.     I live in an area with a really high circ rate and honestly I think it comes from a complete unwillingness to talk about it at all.  With my first 2 I didn't even understand that circumcision was optional.  I know that sounds crazy, but you have to remember that was back before Internet was so common so my information came mainly from...
So have any of you experienced the following?  How did you deal with it?  How would you deal with it?   Someone saying that if you keep posting about (on facebook) and talking about circumcision then people are going to start believing you are a pervert.     My instinct is to have this sort of response   but I am thinking there has got to be better, more productive, ways of responding...
I was told by the OB that I went to for my second child that this happens because "Babies just dont like being strapped down but other than that they are fine."   
  Even with disposables it can sometimes leak from the top if you dont point their penis down.  It took me months with my first son to figure it out.  After a while you will get so use to having to do it at every diaper change that you wont even have to think about it, but at first it can be a little difficult remembering to do it.  
We love that book at our house.   What I particularly love about it is that it keeps the focus on the girl and what is going on with her and steers clear of the trap of focusing on dating and "getting the guy" like a lot of other books like this fall into.  Also the drawings are of a really wide range of body sizes/types, girls that age need to see that and sadly dont get that sort of positive imagery very often.
This is a great idea! I was going to suggest getting him a gift certificate for a shoe store local to his area but this is waaay better.    
I just thought of something else.   If you dont have a very good support system in place for your older children (I noticed you have several older kids like I do) then you should think about saving up about 6 months or so of income.  Sure you or your spouse can go on family medical leave but that means although you will have a job to go back to you will have no income coming in for a while.  Although being pregnant with twins/multiples is no guarantee that you will...
Our twins were from a surprise pregnancy.   We had actually been planning on waiting another 3-5 years before getting pregnant again.  So we had just moved to a new rental about a month before we found out we were pregnant with the boys.  If I had known I would have definitely got a bigger place.    I also found out that the practice I usually go with during my pregnancies is really pro early induction and presses c-sections with twins, I didn't know that before hand...
OK so I thought maybe it was a fluke and that it would eventually go away but it is official, after 3 days of consistent results, I dont get milk when I pump.   I am still trying to get the boys to nurse at nearly every feeding and I had been pumping every 3 hours around the clock.  Well some nights I cheated and missed a pumping here and there but for the most part it was every 3 hours at LEAST around the clock.  I then developed a wicked mean case of thrush.  I am...