or Connect

Posts by anricat

I thought about that, except that she doesn't seem to have any other symptoms and if she it pantless, she will go every time. It's just when she's wearing panties (which is something we moved past a few weeks ago).
DD is now 22 months and we started pretty gradually doing potty learning at about 17-18 months. We would spend an hour or two a day diaperless and eventually she started going on the potty. Last month we got to the point where if she was not wearing pants and there was a potty nearby, she would go over to the potty and go about 90% of the time on her own. Then we introduced undies. She was unclear on the concept at first (and can't pull them down herself), but after a...
Ugh. Mine is the same way! She just wants the same stuff all the time. And forget about veggies (except peas). I sneak spinach into her smoothies. One thing did work for me at lunch, however (small victories - I'll take em). I made buckwheat for lunch today and DD would not touch it. She acted like I was trying to poison her. So I went and made a big show of putting some honey in it (I usually eat my buckwheat savory, but I pulled some out just for DD) and then stirred...
I do wish I had some wisdom but I can say that things have gotten better. Really, it's just taken time. She's 22 months now and it takes about 30-45 minutes at night her to fall asleep. Every now an then we get a 60-90 minute night but it's rare. We just kept trying different things. When something stopped working, we moved on to a new tactic. Right now it's in her room, almost dark, nursing and rocking in the glider. She switches back and forth from side to side until...
Thanks mamas. It's nice to have some reassurance.
Okay mamas, I need some reassurance. My mommy gut tells me that my DD is fine. She's 21 months old and she says maybe 15-20 words that are fairly understandable, possibly more that we just don't get yet. She doesn't combine words together yet. She also has over 50 signs (some of which overlap with her spoken words). She does combine two signs (generally "more milk" or "more water" or something). My MIL is driving me bonkers. She thinks DD is speech delayed and needs to...
My DD really likes them, but I agree with others, they are worth checking out from the library, but not really buying. Once my DD knows the signs, she's pretty much ready to move on to the next video.
Well, things seem to be getting worse, actually. We tried moving bedtime in the opposite direction - from 7:30 to 8 since she was starting to consistently fall asleep around 8:45 or 9. Well, that worked for a little while so then I was only spending about an hour on bedtime, which isn't great, but it's better than 1.5-2 hours. And she actually started sleeping in a bit so that was nice and I was happy she sort of adjusted. But now we're back to 1.5-2 hours. Tonight we...
Wow, crickets.... Well, at least I'm not the only one at a loss!
My DD has always been a bit of a difficult sleeper. She's a sleep fighter. Once she's asleep she's okay as long as I'm there. She doesn't sleep along and dhe wakes up a couple times to nurse, but just goes right back to sleep. I can deal with both of those, it's getting her to sleep that is really rough. When she had a morning nap, it would take me about 1-2 hours to get her to sleep for AM nap, then another 1-2 for PM nap, then another 1-2 for night time. I know,...