or Connect

Posts by Lou

I feel you... it must be tough to deal with all those issues on top of the language struggles. I think one of the most essential skills that a deaf child needs is to develop eye contact. Generally, hearing people don't need to develop eye contact in communication, and often this is overlooked when working on communication with a deaf child. If your daughter struggles with sitting still, watching you read a story, and so on... then this may be something that you...
hi mama! Honestly, it is really important for the deaf child to have assessment by evaluators who are experienced in working with the deaf child, and preferably fluent in ASL. Studies show that evaluations are way more accurate with experienced evaluators. If your district can't offer that, then perhaps you could request an evaluator from your state school for the deaf. I know that some state schools have evaluators who do outreach and work with mainstream programs...
I would say yes, most definitely. I am a Deaf mom to two girls. My deafness is hereditary, so we knew that we might have Deaf children as well. When my first daughter was born, she did not visibly respond to sounds... we assumed she might be Deaf, but went to have a hearing test done anyway. Surprisingly, she had perfect hearing. My second daughter is Deaf- we had her tested earlier at my midwife's suggestion- she was sleeping for looooong periods of time, and...
We're moving from Seattle to Texas in six weeks. Would love some advice... What we're thinking is that the moving costs may be more than our furniture is worth! Most of our furniture is secondhand/hand me downs that we don't love, so we're planning to sell what we can.. which will really be most of our big furniture pieces. That will leave us with minimal furniture- basically two dressers, one computer cabinet, one large trunk, one end table, one kitchen cabinet, two...
the link to the sippy cups - sippy cups I'm getting some in the mail soon! Can't wait!
Klean Kanteen just came out with a stainless steel sippy cup! woo hoo!
Quote: Originally Posted by beccalriley I'm really into doing this...I just had a couple of questions. Does the customer have to pay shipping? What is the average party sales like? Do you take your kids to the parties? Did you get the mini or basic kit? Are there still problems with backordered items? thanks so much for the help. Hi Becca! I just got your catalog request, and sent you an e-mail. Other consultants have answered...
I'm 27.2, my realage is 24.4. But yes, definitely, it's a nice way for the company to get our marketing info. Oh well. I already sign up for a ton of those type of things doing GPT stuff. What's one more? :
babysitting, or cleaning time, definitely! with five kids- i imagine that's what she'll need most.
me too! :