or Connect

Posts by Lenore K.

I have four children. The first three are now adults and have been public-schooled. My last daughter is 8 and has only been home-schooled. I have worked in early childhood education, my Mom was a teacher and I have had many teacher-friends. We all have questioned or doubted our abilities from time to time. There is no perfect teacher. Making mistakes is sometimes the best teacher at that moment. Children are very flexible and eager to learn. I watched my older three lose...
After having Anna eight years ago, I began having heavier bleeding episodes at the beginning of my period. Usually it happened all of a sudden if I had been sitting down for longer periods of time - like sitting at my desk in the office or at the movies or a training. I would stand up and it would gush out. Some days it would mean leaving work to change clothes. I had my iron and such checked and I was fine. Like Lauren I would take four ibuprofen (my doctor told me that...
I turned 53 this July and am beginning to have more changes in my period. I will spot between periods - usually after, um....robust sex which has sort of put a damper on our sex life. We think about that now. It doesn't happen regularly enough either. We just forget about it and then, oh well, there it goes again. Does or did anyone else experience this? When does any of this normally abnormal stuff become abnormal stuff to worry about?? My periods are still...
Future plans? Yes. Retirement? Um, not quite yet. Right now we are wondering if we should sign Anna up for soccer!!   I do have a small savings investment started for retirement I had begun when I was working. Right now, for me, it is part-time work in the condo unit we are in, staying home and homeschooling Anna. With her just being eight years old, no, I am not thinking about retirement. I do get concerned about the amount I have for later years. We are also...
Mar,   Congratulations! How wonderful to be able to have discussions with your family about your choice to have children later, especially when it was not the norm to do so! They sound like they were positive and realistic discussions, too.   I love that name - sage parenthood!   Lenore
I changed it from Daily Notification to Notifying Immediately. That seems to have worked. I received two so far. We'll see how it goes. Thanks.
Thanks for the tip! I did respond to it.
I have not received e-mail notifications either. I think I have received them when I first started but only a few. They are not in my junk mail either. I don't have another e-mail address. I was asking for daily. I will try immediately.
Wow! I never looked at it that way. Anna's older sister never said if she heard any comments like that. I'll have to ask her. It's funny how people make assumptions. How was she with that?
I have read only the first page and a few other posts. My daughter is now eight. When she was younger she went through the same thing and I, too, experienced some heartache when this happened to her. She would get this real dumbfounded look on her face and could not understand it. Sometimes she experienced some sadness or looked sad, but then she would recover and move on to someone or something else. I started explaining to her that some kids are shy and you need to...