or Connect

Posts by Lenore K.

Yes, please let us know how you are doing. One of my miscarrages was like that. I don't care if there is a sac or not, it is still very emotional. Wishing you well.
So... how is everything going? How did they all react? When are you due? My last was born when I was 45, however, she was planned. Actually she was the only of the four "planned!" haha!
My mother passed away about 8 yrs ago. Before that she had injured herself and stayed with me while she recuperated. I was surprised at how my independent Mom became very dependent. It was difficult to handle with out getting angry with her. I did on a few occasions. It seemed like she wouldn't even try to get around on her crutches. She was afraid of falling. Getting her a walker helped some but not much. I even surprised myself at how angry I was getting about the...
My oldest son and his wife have given me two granddaughters. My daughter is 8 yrs. They are 4 yrs and 1 1/2 yrs. I had taken my older granddaughter to the park last year and people just assumed she was mine! Until she calls me gramma! I was 45 when Anna was born. People have not thought that I was not her mom. I take that as a compliment as I don't think I look younger, but I really do feel older some days! We did have a miscarraige before and after Anna. We did not want...
I am subscribed to this one and I am still not being notified. I checked to be notified daily. I have received nothing from any of the groups. Hmmmm.... That is great that you have not had any challenges as an older Mom. I do find that I get tired more easily. I could do with less sleep most of the time, but as I get older I feel it more, I guess. My family was fine with it also. I had a very supportive doctor. Other than a few more ultra sounds (and that was because of...
I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I am. I am not receiving any notifications from Mothering. Is it because the groups I am in are moving along so slowly? or something else? I have checked all the notifications in my options. Just asking you to sort of "check in" so I can see if I will receive any notifications from this group.   What has been your biggest challenges(s) of being an older Mom? Was it announcing your pregnancy? Family support?...
Yes, I agree. If everything checks out ok, I wouldn't worry about it too much. My mother and older sister had very heavy periods and would have to change often. I do not. After my last child was born, I did have a problem with blood gushing out and overflowing pads after sitting for some time and standing up. Everything checked out ok. I do not have that problem as often now as I am no longer "sitting" as much.   I will be 53 this July and am still having regular...
 -- but I can still call up memories of something intelligent, funny, interesting, enriching.  I kind of try to stress characteristics or experiences that the grands had but weren't able to articulate or carry in a way to pass along easily, and in that way let the history warm our children.   Nicely said!! For awhile I would avoid such conversations because talk of grandparents would lead to such sad thoughts...for both of us. Then I realized that she needs to...
Instead of adding them to our children's lives we seem to have lost them as friends - our lives are just too different now.   This does seem to be the case for us where we used to live. Now that we have moved we are hoping...   My kids go to an alternative school with a wide age range for teachers. They have nice relaxed relationships with them, so it more like extended family than like school teachers. It's really lovely.   What a great opportunity for your...
None the less, the HRT is the right choice for me for now.  I really couldn't live the way I was feeling. It was that bad. I am glad that it is working for you. Nobody needs to go through life feeling miserable.