or Connect

Posts by Lenore K.

"I'm thinking I have been dealing with a gradual trip into peri-menopause for a couple years. Nothing I can really put my finger on, just some stuff."   Pretty much the same here though mine is just starting. I am still having monthly periods. Beginning to feel real warm when I have them, but rarely break into a sweat. Nothing too severe yet. I am experiencing some moodiness similar to what I would have during and just before my period. More of a mood swing thing....
The people in our circle are usually busy with their own grandchildren. I'm not sure how up to it many of them would be. I usually hear things like, "We are so exhausted after they visit. I don't know how you do it with a little one again."   She is 7 yrs old and now that she is getting older and "easier to manage" than a younger child, I am hoping a relationship just naturally happens with someone - a neighbor or someone she sees once in awhile. I was just wondering...
Does your child have living grandparents? Or are your parents far enough away or unable to have a regular relationship with your child?   My parents are deceased and my daughter's father's parents live over 12 hours away. We have not seen them in a couple of years. His mother's dementia is getting worse and doesn't remember everybody. Both are up in age.   My father died when I was about 11 yrs old. My mother died a month before Anna was born.   I guess this...
We were in bed by 12:20. Didn't sleep through. Didn't party hardy either. Nice and quiet. Played card games with our daughter, watched a movie and looked at houses for sale on-line. Slept in the first day of 2012!
Hi, Folks! I am a 52 yr old mother of a 7 yr old girl. I had her at 45. I also have a 32 yr old son, a 31 yr old son and a 24 yr old daughter. I stay at home, help a bit with the home business and homeschool our daughter. My oldest son gave me two granddaughters, ages 3 1/2 and 1. I joke and tell people that I was tired of waiting for grandchildren so I had my own! Those who know me, know I am kidding. Those who don't? Well, it is funny to see their reaction - they...
Greetings! I had my last child, a daughter, at 45. She will be 8 in May. I also have three adult children - a son - 32, a son - 31 and another daughter -  24. Not very many older Moms in my area, but I am surprised at how many there are once I joined some on-line groups.   I, too, find it interesting watching reactions when they find out my age. I don't think I look that young. In fact, I feel as if I have aged a bit in the last couple of years. Or is it that I just...
QUICK AND EASY MEATLOAF   2 lbs. ground chuck 1/2 c. finely chopped onion or 1 envelope onion soup mix approximately 4" of stacked soda crackers in pkg or a handful of dry oatmeal (about 1/2 cup) 1 egg 1 can Del Monte Original Style stewed tomatoes salt & pepper to taste   Mix thoroughly and bake for about 1 hr.
Just a single fruit looks and tastes great with veggie-laden pasta. Slice some oranges. Grapes. Strawberries. Steamed broccoli is a standard in our house. I don't have a problem serving just one dish (think stir fry). We do like garlic bread.
Well, so much for the nice weather lasting!!! The sun is really making an effort but I don't think the clouds will let up! Hi, Jennifer! I am curious... What does everybody spend the most time working on? Math, Reading, Science.... I do more intentional planning for reading and math. That is where some workbook pages come in. We use manipulatives with math, too. And, of course, the real life learning. I recently started using flashcards with vocabulary from The...
We had a few set backs with our "schooling." We had such lousy weather here for so long that we take advantage of any nice days that come along. Workbooks and pages are set aside for a bit and we spend more time outdoors. Learning is still happening, less formally, of course; and I do have to remember to document what we do - more my problem than hers! Haha! That is what I love about homeschooling - being flexible. We also had a rough week because my 19 yr old nephew...