or Connect

Posts by Shabbers

Hey, So, next cycle (should start late-June-ish) we'll be doing our first round of IVF. When the doctor laid out the costs, he said that the cost for the various drugs would be $2,500-$4,500 depending. I was wondering if anyone here could recommend a way to get them any cheaper? This whole process is the single most expensive thing I have ever done, and I'm looking for ways to trim pennies while I can >.> Thanks! --Shabbers
I'm not sure what size the follie was. And the temp jump last month was because they had me on progesterone suppositories - I didn't use those this month (hated them). Actually, for the record, I hate this whole process.
Okay, first, please check out my FF chart (in my homepage) This is my first cycle on Repronex alone, 2 vials (last cycle was 1 vial Repronex + 100 mg Clomid, prior were 100 mg Clomid only). At the ultrasound, they said they could only see one follicle...which is fine, although with Clomid I would usually get about 3. So I did the HCG shot on the day they told me to (Monday), did the IUI, and waited...I thought it was weird that my temp didn't jump up, but I figured it...
*waves* Sorry, not much to say. I am, as always, hoping, for myself and for all of us.
IUI is cheapish, it's IVF that costs an arm and a leg. I'm really, really hoping we don't have to go that route - if so, I would have to decide between IVF and putting a downpayment on a house.
Hey all, Yeah, the progesterone is why my temps were up for so long - my RE said for me to take it from 2 DPO through 16 DPO unless I got a BFP (then I was to keep taking it through the 1st trimester). I stopped 'cause I was getting only BFN's and the progesterone was keeping AF away. Of course, it took a couple days after I stopped taking it for the temp to drop... Ready for AF now. Every month another chance, and I don't have many chances left. Sorry, kinda...
I'm so sorry Orandalady. I too had a chemical, early in our TTC journey - and it went bad on the day after my father's funeral. That was sheer hell, but at least everyone expected me to be all weepy so I didn't have to explain the situation. AFM I'm still trucking along - temp is still up at 14 DPO, though not as high as it was earlier this week (but I had The Ick then, so the ultrahigh temps were probably fever). My usual LP was always 12 days, but the last few...
Hey all! Sorry I've been silent lately - here's some quick notes from me re: my experience with the injectables. 1) No mood changes/swings with the Repronex. Thank goodness. I did see a definite increase in EWCM - normally I just get Watery, but this time it was definitely EW. 2) When I got the HCG trigger shot, though - wow. Mood changes, but in a good way. You know that "increased sex drive" button on FF? That got clicked for sure! I was wanting and wanting...
Hey y'all! I just did my first shot of injectables - I'm very nervous about them. Not a lot to say, just posting to subscribe.
Okay, this is going to be my first cycle with injectables. Here's how the doctor has me going: 1) 5 days of 100mg Clomid, starting on day 4. 2) On day 9, begin Repronex injections 3) On day 11, go in for ultrasound to check follies. At that point, determine the best day to do the trigger shot. 4) After trigger shot, do IUI 5) After IUI, do vaginal progesterone suppositories twice a day (I assume until either AF starts or I get a + HPT?) So here are my questions...