or Connect

Posts by knittygritty

Hi--DH and I recently relocated to Bloomington and love it here! We are hoping to have our first within the next year and I am researching my birth options. Would any kind soul be willing to PM me with information/recommendations/anything regarding CNMs and CPMs in the area? I would love to have a home birth, but I know in Indiana that gets a bit difficult. Are there any CNMs in Bloomington who attend home births?
Thanks for the replies, everyone. My circle of friends is relatively new...we moved this fall so that I could attend grad school, and these ladies make up the bulk of my grad program cohort. I guess I need to branch out and find friends with more similar lifestyles/interests.
Backstory: after much deliberation and weighing of options, DH and I have decided that (as long as we can get insurance worked out) we will be TTC this spring. I'm obsessed with babies and children even when I'm not riddled with baby fever, so the idea of TTC is making me ultra baby crazy. My question is: How do you ladies deal with friends who are extremely anti-motherhood? In my circle of friends, which is composed of women ages 23-34, the overwhelming majority (um, all...
I'm not yet a mother, but I have had many dreams about pregnancy and birth through the years. I can only remember two dreams where I knew the baby's name--one was a little girl with blonde curls named Violet, and the other was a baby boy named Liam. In the dreams I just "knew" the names...they weren't told to me.
When I worked as a sub, I had full control over which days I worked. When I received my sub certificate, I was put on a list of available subs that was distributed to area school districts. The secretaries called me when they needed a sub, and I could accept or decline the job. However, things may work differently where you live.
Well..DH surprised me last night. We were laying in bed talking before falling asleep and he brought up the subject of TTC again. He gave me a very sincere and heartfelt apology for his reaction last week...and told me that what he should have said was, "I know how important having kids is to you, and you're going to be a great mom. Let's see how we feel next spring. I just want to make sure that we feel stable and ready to have a baby. And maybe we...
Well..DH surprised me last night. We were laying in bed talking before falling asleep and he brought up the subject of TTC again. He gave me a very sincere and heartfelt apology for his reaction last week...and told me that what he should have said was, "I know how important having kids is to you, and you're going to be a great mom. Let's see how we feel next spring. I just want to make sure that we feel stable and ready to have a baby. And maybe we...
Feeling slightly better today. Yesterday morning DH and I went to the farmer's market (our Saturday morning ritual), and each time I saw a baby or toddler doing something cute, I would initially turn to point them out to him, and then found myself withdrawing. I find myself feeling like I have to keep my love for children a secret now. It's not a nice feeling. But I have to say, having children is something I have always looked forward to but never had a good idea for...
Thanks for your responses, everyone. It seems that this idea was indeed crazy, and having a baby will be put on the back burner for a while. I brought up this specific plan to DH last night...and he had a fairly major freak-out. We have talked about kids a lot, and he knows that I want to start a family, so his reaction came pretty unexpected to me. He's not ready to have a child. From his reaction, he's pretty obviously not ready. And last night I was very understanding...
 I brought up this specific plan to DH last night...and he had a fairly major freak-out. We have talked about kids a lot, and he knows that I want to start a family, so his reaction came pretty unexpected to me. He's not ready to have a child. From his reaction, he's pretty obviously not ready. And last night I was very understanding with him, because I don't want to even broach the idea of raising a baby if he's not 100% on board...but today I feel depressed.