or Connect

Posts by mollyeilis

Quote: Originally Posted by TwinMom Maybe someone else has mentioned this, but at one day old, it's not really "comfort nursing." She's nursing to bring in your milk, to get your body used to the level of milk that she will need. Am I just reading your sig wrong? She is just one day old, right? She needs to nurse as much as you possibly can let her; the more she nurses now, the faster your milk will come in and she will be happier. So true,...
Oh! The other thing that helped DS get his mouth open more was cranio-sacral therapy. We found a massage therapist with the CST training, he had one session, and his whole face changed over that day. The next nursing was SO much nicer, he could open his mouth wider immediately. I love that work!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by awinkler My midwife suggested that I ask my baby to open his mouth wide, and show him. This admittedly sounds a little funny, but newborns do imitate facial expressions. So, I would say, "Open wide!" (in a cutesy voice of course), and show my DS my mouth wide open. Absolutely. My guy imitated our faces even before we left the hospital. That was only 42 hours after he arrived, so it was early! I can't remember...
I use them for both BD and my period. It's getting a bit old, but they seem to work. Not that I've yet found myself pregnant with #2, but still, they seem to work. If that makes any sense at all. : If you've never used them, I highly recommend practicing a few times before it's important to. Target usually has the BIG pack, something like 24 of 'em, for 9 bucks.
I wish there had been two choices allowed. Of the books I've read, the Dr Sears potty book was great. If I'm remembering the right book, it's the one for kids, yes? The kid in it could be a boy or girl, and has red hair, so it worked VERY well for DS. It also helped that it showed everything we were already doing. But other than that, there's no program we've followed. We've pretty much followed the Eamon program, following his lead (he started far earlier...
I've seen a thread about this before (training a baby to stay on a towel or small rug or a blanket), and absolutely no consensus was reached. To a person with a kid like mine, the only way I could imagine it working would be if you physically punished him each and every time. And that would be awful. To a person whose kid is easily swayed (like my friend's DD), it seems easy as pie. And n'er the twain shall meet. But I don't know what it's called.
I don't know, I tend to see things as a whole, and if one part of a whole is wrong, then the whole is lessened in my eyes. So, to me, the entire church would be lessened, since they are allowing this. To me, it's not even a "GD" issue at all. It's a matter of treating the children well. For a group of women to sit around chatting while they let children cry and so on, that's WRONG. You wouldn't allow it by someone you hired, and if a volunteer can't do a job as...
5 is so different than 2. So maybe I shouldn't answer here. Eh, I will. If the question were for a 2 yo, I recommend AGAINST the washable crayons, b/c a 2 year old will chew on them, and leak fluid of the crayon's color, and THAT, my friend, does not come out of carpets! And it's harder, IMO, to get off walls than regular crayon, especially if using the magic eraser. But 5...I bet the butcher-paper walls would be a good idea, while my 2 year old would have just...
"I won't even touch your childbirth experience with a ten foot pole." Yeah, of course, but that wasn't the point. The point was after all of that nonsense, they coded it wrong, and we had to pay FAR more than we should have done. I was told I could fight it (we could also get into not getting a bill from the OB, and not knowing we should have done, until December of '05, when DS arrived in May of '04, but we don't have to) by my old insurance company (Great West) as...
omg treereach... la la luna...I don't know why his tongue is messed up. Robert says it looks like it has sores all over it. I'm taking notes on all the admin sort of stuff, the hierarchy stuff that the average joe doesn't know! We're just so mystified, you know? I just want to yell "who is in charge here!!!!????" I won't, but I want to.