or Connect

Posts by Icequeen_in_ak

Thank you.  I will definitely check out that group.   Our moving van comes a week from today, and we are going to go tour the grand canyon before making our way east, so we should be to NC the first week of Sept or so.  I'm hoping it will have cooled down a *tad* by then, but if it hasn't, I don't care :)   I'm soooooooo sick of the summers we've had in south central Alaska the last 4 years or so.  It rains continually and our temps rarely get out of the 60s... hovering...
I've lived in Alaska for the past 30 plus years and homeschool my 7 year old daughter.  We live a pretty "crunchy" life style.   We have a VERY active homeschool community here and I'm hoping maybe someone here can tell me if such a thing exists in my new town.  I'm anxious to try and find  like minded friends hoping to make the transition for me and my kiddo as painless as possible.    I've never been to North Carolina, so I truly have no idea what to...
  I am!   How old are your kiddos?  I'm forever trying to find folks for my daughter to have play dates with (she's homeschooled)     Bubblingbrook.... HURRAY!!!!  I'm SO happy for you guys!  I know it's been a rough road for you both and I hope your adoption goes seamlessly!!      Has anyone here ever fostered?   I'm seriously considering it.   The only apprehension I have is I tend to get very attached and I'm afraid it will destroy me emotionally.      
  No, I was not vegan prior to going raw.   But, I did eat a mostly organic diet... very little processed foods.   I don't feel like my detox symptoms were all that bad.   I had a couple of days of feeling a little flu'ish, and my face was a MESS for a month or so (tons of breakouts)  my breath was horrid and that was about the extent of it.    I have not been to that website, but I will check it out.   Honestly, I'm not really into anything that completely cuts out...
Holy smokes!  I've not been here in MONTHS!    Funny how life gets in the way and it seems like it's all I can do to check in with facebook.    How has everyone been?   What have I missed.
I've been eating raw since July and I've never been healthier and never felt better.    Contrary to popular believe, very few raw foodies eat lots of nuts (you tend to gain weight easily when you eat lots of them).   The only time I eat them is if I want to make desserts.   I get my fats/omegas from flax and avocados.   I didn't start eating this way for moral, environmental or anything of the like.   I did it merely for health purposes.   I've cured myself of 3...
Quote: Originally Posted by roadfamily6now oh yes, being a camp host would rock! Do you get paid to do that? My DH is disabled Vet and we can get a free pass for some parks. We also get $500 a month for Vet Disability pay. we would need gas money and Food really. Oh, when we were in MT we toured some RV's and Trailers. HOLY SH!T they were nice. WOWSERS. It depends on the park. A LOT of them pay in addition to providing free hookups during...
Quote: Originally Posted by L&K'smommie And linky to the RV site please. That sounds great! This is the exact floor plan we are getting (but substantially cheaper) except a different color. We were originally going to get this one, because with their discount, it would have been 4k cheaper, but we really want a built in generator so we don't have to go outside to fire it up, and we want a 2nd A/C unit (for those hot states... I've forgotten...
Quote: Originally Posted by L&K'smommie ITA! I'm sick of the rain and clouds. And if you're irresponsible then so are we. We're thinking of doing the same thing next fall...only we have 3 kids We want to wait a year since so we can get our finances more in order. Also do you use IDEA for homeschool? I'm trying to figure out how to fill in an ILP...though I may use Mat-Su Central school as they offer a bit more money and it can pay for some of my 3...
Quote: Originally Posted by heartmommyak Anyone have any experience with any little kid classes (she's turning 3 in Sept) in Wasilla/Palmer area... dance/ballet, music (kindermusik?), swimming, or similar? We did gymnastics last winter/spring and I want to sign her up for something again starting this fall but I'm not sure what to sign her up for. There is dance at Sonja's on the PW Hwy, there is also a kindermusik out here I believe, I just...