or Connect

Posts by Icequeen_in_ak

Quote: Originally Posted by Samanthavv Iposted this on breastfeeding challenges, but I thought I'd ask my fellow alaskan mamas for input... Have you pulled HIM off all foods and just got back to exclusive nursing for him? I'd be tempted to eliminate his diet first, as he successfully nursed just fine until the introduction of solid foods. So to me (having a daughter who's got food allergies) it sounds like he's reacting to foods that he's...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1stimestar I'm so sorry Karen. I wish I were closer. I'd come down and doula YOU. I hope you have a supportive network of friends to help you with some of the every day life things like laundry and a meal for your family you don't have to cook yourself while you are going through all this and working at supporting YOUR family. I have been blessed to have AMAZING friends and family who have made endless phone calls,...
Penelope, thanks so much for relaying the info and asking for thoughts/prayers. It's been a really rough week (it seems like it's been an eternity... it's hard to believe we got the diagnosis a week ago). Mom was released from the hospital yesterday. We see the oncologist next week. They placed the shunt in her liver to help restart it's function and they seem to think it's working, I am, however, not too convinced. Her jaundice seems worse since surgery. They...
I really wish I could figure out what is wrong with my daughter and my immune system this year It all started with the car accidents. It seems like since then, we've caught every bug that has gone around. Her and I are both battling yet another virus (so far just fevers... body aches... nothing else has manifested yet). It's only been a couple of week since we were battling the last bug! We both take supplements and vitamins every day... We both take immune...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pinoikoi What day has the least light of the year? I've always been told winter solstice is... 12/21.
Quote: Originally Posted by katiesk oh wow. so how did you function??? I don't remember... as sad as that sounds. It's all a blur to me. I remember my husband would take a night when I was at my breaking point (and I had enough milk pumped) and let me sleep. I'd sleep 4-6 hours uninterrupted and it would recharge me for another couple of months. It was insane. Now, if I get 4-6 hours of sleep, I'm useless LOL It's amazing what our...
My kiddo never slept for more than an hour at a time until she was 18 months, so there really was no such thing as a bedtime for us. Once she hit 18 months, she started sleeping for stretches of 2-3 hours at night (but no longer napping at all) and then by 2.5 when she started preschool, she was sleeping 6 hours at a time so I was putting her to bed at 7pm... and she'd sleep till the wee hours, then she'd be up for an hour or two then back down for 4 to 5 more. So...
we've been busy purging, cleaning, etc. I feel like it will never be done.
well at least I know how I ended up with a pickle ornament LOL! Someone gave it to me as a gift a couple of years ago and I thought it was the strangest thing!
oh my gosh... where do my days go? I didn't realize I hadn't been here in so long! I'm still trying to recover from this back injury (from the car wreck in Oct) and had just about given up all hope of ever feeling human again until my chiro, in a last ditched effort, referred me to an acupuncture clinic. OH MY GOODNESS! I've had 3 treatments in a week and I would say my pain level has dropped AT LEAST 50%. It's AMAZING. I am a firm believer now. So, I'm...