or Connect

Posts by Icequeen_in_ak

I really want to know why mothering keeps me subscribed on threads that I've taken myself off of (and are 3 years old now) and keeps sending me updates, but dumps my updates for this thread EVERY.SINGLE.MONTH. Grrrrrrr Seriously, If I don't see an update in my inbox, I forget about it. My brain is mush! It's been a horrendous few weeks for me. Lots of family upheaval, tons of stress and then a car accident on Monday. Thankfully the kid (who didn't have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by tallanvor Funny, Karen, I have just started today drinking smoothies so I can hide the spinach in them. I tend to be borderline anemic, but a lot of the foods that are good sources of iron I just don't like. I have a feeling I don't get enough vitamin c, either. So, bought some kefir (which I'd never had before) and mixed it with some fruit and spinach (and a little bit of milk) and plan to drink one several times a week. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by roadfamily6now okay ladies, wish me luck! I am trying my hand at homemade yogurt today. So, what about adding fruit and stuff to make it sweeter? I dont really care for plain yogurt to eat. I only use it for cooking and for my falafal and gyro sauce! LOL ITA with mtnmama... we just add a spoon of organic preserves, or some agave or maple syrup to ours. My fav is a spoon of strawberry preserves and a handful of...
Quote: Originally Posted by sora Can a wet blade do a good job of grinding grains or oats? How is it different from a dry blade then? I've often wondered this very same thing, because I grind grains in mine all the time and I've never had a problem (and I've only got the wet blade). I always figured it was nothing more than a marketing thing... because I've never had any problems.
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR : I have a package of the Ener-G Pretzels in the cupboard which I'll check later. There's also a brand called Terra, I believe, which makes taro chips (among others). Quinoa is also a nice alternative side dish to rice pasta, buckwheat groats and/or rice. Turnips, rutabagas and parsnips are nice mashed. (I wonder what they'd be like as chips... Hmm...) Rutabaga chips are SOOOOO yummy!
I would completely eliminate ALL allergens. If she has any of them, the body will continue to react, which doesn't help with the healing. Does she like little pretzels? EnerG has some really great rice pretzels (although since yeast isn't one of our allergies, I'm not sure if it has that, you'd have to check the label) also www.kidswithfoodallergies.com is a wealth of information (and if you pay the annual fee you get access to the recipes). I remember sitting...
I've never had any of the problems that you mentioned with my vitamix. Quite honestly, I think it's the best piece of equipment in my kitchen. I use it for everything (including making soup in it).
Obviously I need to read all the way through the threads before asking questions.
About this car seat thing... am I the only one that reads that a child safety seat is to include a booster seat? I seriously thought the booster seat thing was already a law. Am I wrong that they don't have to be in a Car Seat??? There are only a couple of manufacturers that even rate car seats for up to 65 pounds (I know... because we paid almost 300 bucks for it). I read the article and just assumed it meant the booster (which like I said, I thought was already...
Quote: Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne No sticky again. Started feeling the little contractions come and go about 6:45 pm. Had no warning this time. Then on top of that, I twisted my knee again So, I took some Advil, and dh is running to the store to get me some Ben and Jerry's, and we are going to curl up and lose ourselves in a good movie. I'm so glad we did not tell anyone in real life this time. Makes it easier I think. I'm SO very,...