or Connect

Posts by Alisa

Thanks so much for your reply. I hate havng to go and just pick a name off a list or from a phone book. They sound like the kind of docs. and dentist we are looking for
My sets of twins are not as close as yours will be, but I can feel your pain. I, too, wanted a homebirth my second time around but a midwife "couldn't" assist. It was really disappointing because I was so ready to have the homebirth (even though I birthed vaginally with the first set, I REALLY wanted less intervention the second time and I wanted my older kids to be more a part of the process). I wanted to walk around town with ONE baby, not have to worry about two...
Hi! We are moving back to Fort Collins after and eight year hiatus:. We're really excited, but we did not have kids when we lived there so we're on the hunt for an AP friendly pediatrician and a friendly dentist. Actually, while we're at it does anyone have primary care physicians for adult care that they absolutely love? I appreciate any info. that you guys can share, even docs to stay away from .
When both sets of twins were little, not sitting or crawling, I really liked to have bouncy seats all over the house so that if I was just holding them (instead of slinging them) I could set them down somewhere without having to move the seats. For my second set of twins I had two bouncy seats in the bathroom, two in the kitchen, two in the living room. That may seem like overkill but those are the only accessories I used (no swings, no exersaucers, etc.) and it...
Congratulations. I have 5 year old twins and my second set will be 1 year next week. I'm glad the first year is over because I thought with the first set that was the hardest part (so far). I really enjoy having two sets. The thing that has gotten horrible at our house is the laundry and the cleaning, but with you already having four, I imagine that has already gone to pot. Oh, yeah, and my computer time has almost become non-existant. I hardly post anymore! It's...
This is the first time I've been able to get back to Mothering since my OP. Thanks for taking the time to write. LB13--So after you pop the baby off your nipple, do you immediately go lay them in the crib or do you let them sleep on you a little bit? Does your baby just stay asleep when you lay them down? Llyra--Congrats on your twins. I do have NCSS from my first time around but I'm not having great success. The babies just aren't falling for the pop off. ...
I'm sure this has been addressed but I don't really have time to search.... We have twins that are almost 8 months old. We co-sleep and they have been waking up a lot to nurse at night. It seemed to be getting out of control so the last two nights I've been keeping track of how often. Both are waking every hour to nurse. I know they aren't hungry that often; it's just for comfort. BUT it's driving me crazy. I don't mind night wakings but I would think every four...
When our girls were first born we used the Arm's Reach co-sleeper. One slept in there and the other slept between us in bed. After a short while, we decided to side-car a crib and I felt that worked much better for fitting both of them, plus it enabled us to still co-sleep and have one of them move between us when necessary. This time around, I had been planning on skipping right to using a crib as a side-car but we don't have the cribs anymore (or the arm's reach) and...
I made one up during my first twin pregnancy but that was four years ago and I don't have it saved. All I did was make a spread sheet with all the babies could do at the time (poop, pee, breast, etc.) and logged what time each thing happened for each child. That being said, I think that I did that for about a day before I realized that for me it was impossible to keep up with. It seems to me that each of our girls got what they needed when they needed it without...
I am 24 or 25 weeks and have just started having the sternum pain that you are talking about (in addition to all the other pains and heartburn that you mentioned). During my first twin pregnancy, I did experience the horrible heartburn, the sciatic pain (which did not go away after birth for me until I started with a chiro) and pubic symphysis pain. But, I never experienced the sternum pain until this past week. I don't know why it's happening but I just figured it was...