or Connect

Posts by lisa1008

Does anyone have access to articles/research/etc on HIB infections after two years old? I know the Swedish study that said bf protects against hib long into childhood. I have a hard time finding articles on this, and have even tried google scholar, pubmed and nvic. I would really appreciate it Also, I am incorrect about Prevnar being ineffective? From what I have read it is pretty reactive and to boot, worthless at prevention of pc strains. Thanks everyone
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Most likely you didn't have those vaxes- did you ever worry? Ever have any friends sick? Were your parents up at night worried? Why not prevnar? For me Hib and prevnar fell in the same category- just curious why you would rule out one but consider the other. -Angela Hi Angela, In response to your inquiry of why hib and not prevnar, I read that Hib is pure and there aren't many additonal...
My daughter is now a little over two years old and I am still resisting all vaccinations. My gut tells me you can't un-ring a bell. I am not really worried about Pertussis (since she is no longer an infant) would never give the chicken pox or Hep B ( I personally had all three hep shots in college and have no titers for it whatsoever, what a waste). However, what keeps me up at night is HIB meningitis and down the road, the other Meningitis vaccine. These infections...
Hi, My daughter's 2 year well check went well, I go to a doctor who practices a more natural approach and is very popular amongst the non-vaxers and vaxers alike. She recommended 1 shot of actHIB and 1 shot of PC-13 and eventually the Dtaps. Did anyone do these shots? Are they worthwhile? I am very scared of the Prevnar one, the Dtap I am not sure is necessary at this point and the HIB is the only one I am strongly considering. I have held out this long, you can't...
I too, read the sears vaccine book and in the question/answer portion, he did say if you aren't going to vaccinate by 2 years for the "infant" diseases, then there is no reason to "play catch up, you either vaccinate during infancy for the diseases that pose danger during infancy, or you don't." I thought by 2 years or so, I would be out of the woods, so to speak. Now, my ped. told me that HIB can occur up to 5 years old and I feel insecure all over again. I don't want...
Hi, I started taking my daughter to a new ped. that I really like. My first ped. dropped me because I didn't adhere to their vaccine schedule. This new doctor doesn't do that, she actually takes a dual natural/conventional approach and let's parents choose their own schedule. That being said, my 20 month old has received no vaccines yet and I still breastfeed, however, I am ready to begin weaning and hope to be done by her second birthday. I thought that by bf. for...
My Daughter is 19 months old. I am ready to wean for both physical and emotional reasons. I would like to take about two months to do it which will put her at around 21-22 months when I finish. I nursed this long so I could put off vaccinations. But now that I am weaning, does that make certain vaccines important or crucial, especially if my daughter may be around other babies/children and she is not yet two. Is HIB or Pertussis a concern? When does Hib, PC and...
My Daughter is 19 months old. I am ready to wean for both physical and emotional reasons. I would like to take about two months to do it which will put her at around 21-22 months when I finish. I nursed this long so I could put off vaccinations. But now that I am weaning, does that make certain vaccines important or crucial, especially if my daughter may be around other babies/children and she is not yet two. Is HIB or Pertussis a concern? When does Hib, PC and...
Hi Everybody, I have a wonderful 19 month old daughter. I never really intended to nurse this long and I don't know how to even begin the weaning process. For a long time, I have felt like I don't want to nurse anymore and I just want my body back. My DD is constantly tearing at my shirts and unlatching my bras and gets furious (and sometimes sad) when I tell her no. She was very high need and it seems my breastfeeding experience was a little more intense than my...