or Connect

Posts by ~*~MamaJava~*~

just one more chiming in to say - normal. Our dd didn't gain any weight from 7-10 months or so...she's healthy but quite tiny. She was around 15lbs at that time. I have known babies who got into growth trouble and I found it very easy to see just from a quick look at the baby - they look sunken, eyes look weird, generally unhealthy and less cute than they used to be. Not just lean - that's normal for lots of little ones. I understand your concern, too, though...i...
Our kids were home but sleeping, which is what I had hoped for! I knew they would want to swim in the birth pool and I don't think I could be a parent and labor at the same time. Ds2 was awake in his bed for quite awhile but Dh just kept going in to check on him and reassure him and he was fine, just listening. He got to hold Ds3 ten minutes after his birth which was just beautiful! We let the other two sleep til morning and find a nice surprise in mom and dad's bed.
We have just been dealing with the exact same behaviour from ds at kindergarten, wasn't enjoying circle time and was being a big distraction. he's older, so it's a bit different, but I explained to him that circle time is a learning time too, and you might hear something new. that helped a lot. with another issue (bothering the kids sitting beside him) we did set up a reward, ice cream for dessert if he had a better day - and checked with the teacher. bingo, did it...
i do want to point out that it is so easy for them to accidentally get into that stuff as well - lots of google searches have stupid false links to trashy crap, and as adults we know how to filter thru it, but they might not. even sometimes looking at fairly benign stuff - sites with animal videos etc - i have seen links to very questionable stuff. i would chat with him and give him a pass on it this time. double check the history, and consider having no online time by...
Okay, I know people say it's normal, and to some extent - I think so too. Sleep deprivation is hard on a mama! Low thyroid function, though, is extremely common, and really really really affects your drive. Get it checked out, take some kelp, make sure you're *really* healthy and not run down, and you'd be surprised what happens
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid I think its entirely possible to have a house that isn't a sty, put yourself together, take care of your kids, do laundry and cook from scratch. Not every second of your child's day needs to be spent on the floor playing with their toys. Lots of quality time can be spent at the kitchen counter. I agree, doing things while your kids are sleeping works wonders. If they have a predictable sleep schedule. ...
So hard to watch and to think about...I have really struggled with this since I watched the show! I keep thinking about this mom, and the situation. I guess I get what Evan&Anna'smom is saying, but honestly - I personally can't imagine it, but that's because I don't live in the world of WOHM. My life has been 24/7 my kids since ds was born 5 years ago. I know what it's like to be sleep deprived, and mild PPD has happened to me too, and that's when weird things start to...
Are you the kind of sahm who pulls your hair up in a pony tail and wears pajamas/sweats, etc. Or are you the sahm who gets dolled up? Make-up? hair styled/curled? cute clothes? I don't do my hair etc on a normal day...feel guilty about it though. Sometimes I put on makeup, but not often. I don't ever wear jammies all day but I just wear my at-home simple clothes. Don't want my nice stuff to get ruined Are you the kind of sahm that keeps your house spotless? Have...
Wish I had a weekly schedule, but I don't. We have a daily schedule for meals, naps, bedtime etc. We know that Sunday is church and visiting, Thursday is generally a 'town'/errand day, and Monday is usually (but not always) grocery day. I think a cleaning schedule would be smart, but things get a little too crazy around here.
I think down days are important, especially for small children. I think it's a bit of a learned art for moms and for the kids, though. If you are used to constant activities and time out of the house it is something different to learn to play quietly/entertain yourself. Part of the trouble for your kids might be the ages they're at, too - 18 months is cute and adorable but generally very needy, and not much fun for siblings...4 seems to be a bit of a no-man's-land...