or Connect

Posts by ~*~MamaJava~*~

I just went to the local health homecare type store - where they have shower chairs, oxygen equipment, etc, and they have huge incontinence pads, which are exactly what they use in the hospy. You can get the REALLY big ones for the first few nights, and the heavy-duty Tena incontinence pads for the freezer or day use. You typically can't buy that kind of stuff in your local drugstore.
I don't think smalls would fit a really chunky baby for too long - my pudgy ds2 only wore small fbs for the first two or three months...maybe to about 16 lbs? Hard to say though. DD has always been petite, with not so chubby legs, and fit her XS Swaddlebees until she was 20lbs and 18 months. That was a good buy Check the sizing on a few diapers and see about thigh measurements. I think that's often the one they outgrow first. Maybe an aplix diaper would be the best...
FBs still don't fit her correctly. I have only ever had the pointy tab style though, not that newer cut. I'm buying a mixed lot with a BG, some M Swaddlebees and a Celtic Cloth, so I should be able to figure it out now thanks for all the advice!
You could put on a good wool cover over the BG, with just one really great insert in there, maybe plus another mico towel...
Did all pockets with DD (mostly Swaddlebees) and can't remember ever having a blowout. FWIW, kissaluvs are NOT all they're cracked up to be, IMO, they are not very absorbant or poop-containing...
Huh, never had trouble with boy clothes...I found them to be so wide! Old Navy bottoms are cut generously, and so are Children's Place.
Thanks for all the opinions! It's helping me narrow it down Bg's seem a little wide thru the stride on the online pictures - is that the case IRL? It's one of the reasons I switched to swaddlebees from FB - love that narrowness. I don't know if I want to go Daisy Doodle bikini-style, with my ds's heavy wetting, but I detest the bowlegged look Knickernappies and Swaddlebees seem to have a lot in common. I wonder if they're almost the same (the disposanots have a...
We are a simple stash clan here, due the two-in-diapers situation that seems to continue For my older ds's, I was happy with FBs - they were heavy wetters and I could stuff a fair bit in there, the fit was not bad, and there wasn't a whole lot else out there in the pocket world that was as tried and true (except HH, which I wasn't crazy about). FB were a terrible fit on DD so I switched her to XS Swaddlebees which fit her until just recently (is that amazing or...
We are back in that stage again, with a wee little one. We play outside (or more like, they play and i garden). When I had just the 3 I went to the park more...right now I just don't find myself doing that, but I have to drive to a park so it's kind of a pain. In the winter when we can't be outside, we go to the library, visit friends for a whole day sometimes, treat going to the store as a fun thing, sometimes go to a toy store just to browse (this does work!), read...
I use apricot oil because I love the scent! Never have had any kind of weird reaction (I use Burt's Bees).