or Connect

Posts by mommyinmaine

Thank you so much! I will PM both of you, as soon as I figure out how to. :-)
Let me clarify that .... There is one mothers group that I found, 45 minutes away, and it is just a general play group. I searched on meetup.com and found the one same group, under the Parenting & Family section. Under Cultures & Languages there were four groups: one for "Fluent French Speakers", one for German Conversation, one for Italian Language, and something called "Laws of Attraction" described as discussion of a book by Michael Losier. No idea what...
Thank you to everyone! It's comforting to know there are others in similar situations. I went out book shopping today, armed with a list: 1. Brown Like Me Noelle Lamperti 2. The Colors of Us Karen Katz 3. You Be Me I’ll Be You Phil Mandelbaum 4. Does Anybody Else Look Like Me? A Parent’s Guide to Raising Multiracial Children Donna Jackson Nakazawa At the first store I was told that "since there isn't much of that here we don't cater to those...
I am seeking advice. My 6 year old daughter is mixed, African American and Franco-American, and has been raised entirely by myself and my husband, her step father. She has a beautiful light brown complexion. I am Franco-American with an extremely pale complexion and he is Irish. Our extended families are entirely white as well. We live in a predominantly white state. Basically she has little to no interaction with anyone who is not white. There is no cultural diversity in...