or Connect

Posts by mama_miiteg

I don't know a lot about this and I have no first hand experience with this. Here are the things I have learned. 1) it is very normal for children to grieve differently than adults do. One typical example of this concept that is often given in literature that often children may appear to not be grieving for many months and then show great amounts of emotion/sadness grief. I read that this is because time moves differently for children/children experience time...
My sister in law lives with untreated schizophrenia and I have experienced similar behaviours to what you have described from her. Very firm boundaries, including no contact if that is the only way to achieve the boundaries is definetly the way to go. Do you have any other friends in common? Are you concerned about the safety of other people around her? Her children?
This is a complex and painful situation. I felt especially sad reading about your dsd being told that you had become pregnant to "replace her". She should not have been told that by her mom. I have come back to this thread a few times, puzzling over the term 'bio-mom'. I'm not sure if it is appropriate in this situation. Best of luck to your families in resolving this complex situation.
I am so thankful for this thread. I am at the start of couples therapy also, Doubledutch. I have no idea what will be talked about, as it is my partner who is driving this process. I look forward to learning more from others who have been in similar situations.
greetings my partner is going through a process of emotional reflection about our relationship that is proving painful for both of us. I have been crying a lot (privately), accessing supports through friends and family and mentally preparing for separation. Our children have not been told about any of this, and neither of us have cried in front of them. However, miraculously, the kids appear to be tuned in to what's going on, and some of the behaviours that I might...
I think a part of what happens in the foster parent/child/parent triad is that the child's parent is in a place where they are really struggling and have perhaps been struggling for a very long time. Often their child was a sort of focal point for living right/abstaining from substance abuse/maintaining meds etc. When the child is apprehended, the parent is obviously thrown into crisis. The social workers have professional skills which in some cases equip them well for...
A mother in my extended family has had several children apprehended under different orders (one was an apprehend at birth, another for non-compliance at 5 months, the next two at birth). She has been declared mentally ill. 1st scenario, apprehended at birth. TPR. closed adoption (so far as we know). In the 2nd scenario, the baby was apprehended for bio-mom's 'non-compliance' at five months and placed with loving foster parents who decided not to adopt him. Was...
hey protolawyer, I'm just a lurker on this forum but wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy! That's great! And I'm excited for all of the growing your dsd will do this year also! Some hard days ahead, but some beautiful ones also...Very cool!
My dad grew up in Quebec, Canada, his name is Raymond. I lived in Quebec for a while. One of my favourite French names that is hyphenated and works well in English is Jean-Francois. I had a friend by that name and when he moved to Toronto for a time he went by "Jeff" because the letters of this name, when pronounced in French were "Jhae-Eff" = "Jeff". Fun non? lol Interestingly about the whole "Jean" thing. My mil (English speaking, American) is named Jean. She...
hmm, when I read Tigerchild's post, I immediately thought "this person knows a lot about this topic" and also "this person seems to be annoyed with the OP" I'm not involved in this community, and so likely I'm missing some of the norms about how posters interact in this specific subforum, but as an outside observer, this was my impression. It was tone, not content. Interesting questions. Shrug.