or Connect

Posts by CarrieMF

Or it was never originally as big of a deal as made out to be in this thread.   Our school has duct taped teachers(all volunteer) to the flagpole outside the school before as part of a goal for fundraising.  The last time they did it a male & female teacher were duct taped together on the pole.   The students watched them be taped up.  When they were done being taped & photos were taken for the yearbook & the local paper they were cut out.  It was not violent, they were...
I have a different candy recipe for mashed potatoes.   Baked potatoes, hashbrowns, potato skins, scalloped potatoes
  She is doing exactly the same thing you are doing.  by bringing the candy that you feel is okay you are saying she is wrong and you are right.         You are setting your son up to have the same battle of wills with you(and your mom) that you have with your mother.  He is almost 4, he can understand Grandma may feed you this but at home we eat this instead.       Does your mom enjoy the activities you invited her to?  Where these things YOU suggested to do as a family...
  No I am not kidding you and I would feel the same if it was my own 13yo dd who was in this situation.  The stuff at the house is the only stuff that I would consider a possible assault, but based on what the op said even if she were to go to the police over that nothing would happen.  Calling CPS absolutely overreacting, what would cps possible do?  The stuff at the camp, sounds more consentual unless the girls dragged him into the showers on at minimum 3 separate...
If I was at a restaurant and could smell smoke on a server I *may* ask for someone else, depending on circumstances on how often she is around & such.  It WOULD influence whether I went back while she was there.   I would stop going to a hairdresser who smells of smoke.   It disgusts me to drive by our local hospital since they started making staff & patients walk out to the sidewalk to smoke.  
Before you start writing letters have you gone in to talk to the teacher?     How much misbehaviour is needed before they take recess away.     The first bit of school does have quite a bit of rules & regulations because they need to set their boundries for what is & isn't acceptable at the beginning of the year.  I hardly doubt all they have done in 4 days is go over rules, pretty sure they've done other things too.
I would not go to the police, cps or anything like that.  That is overreacting, imo.   I would go to the school & the school board.  With the police, cps & the school/board it will be your dh's word against theirs(and they will most likely deny it or say your DS/the other boy initiated it.   However I would want to know why these kids were not supervised during this(and previous) camping trips.  How was your son able to shower alone with both girls plus do other...
IF she wants to go, let her go.  They can't dislike her that much if she was invited.  GIve her the option that you'll pick her up if she wants to leave(ie, feeling left out again).  At her age she needs to work through this on her own.     These girls may be very different if there isn't a game involved.  Some people have a win at anything belief and a player that isn't as good as they are(due to experience if they've been playing for longer) can make it seem like...
Can he watch for  openings in the place you want to live and then apply for them.   Is there a HR department he can talk to?
This doesn't seem to be about halloween as much as her wanting to wear something sexy.  When I was in Grade 7/8/9 for some reason a few of my friends would dress up as prostitutes.   They were more covered than those costumes.