or Connect

Posts by Jennifer3141

Two more days of one book each and then we're done with deserts!! We're getting to the meat of the topic now. Tomorrow will be FLL, math, and a touch of history. I don't know if we'll do anything after the farm today so I'll plan on it tomorrow to be safe. Sometime over the weekend, I'll need to hit the big library for books on toucans. Saturday? More realistically Monday? What's the science event at your library about, Crunchy? You know, maybe I could add...
The kids LOVED the old celery in the dyed water trick this week. You take a glass of water and then add some food coloring - red is cool! Then you add a celery stalk. In just a few minutes, you can see the red going into the edges but in a couple of hours, the celery will be all red.
They usually go with me alone but lately, a friend and I have been doing so much school stuff together that we've started doing errands together too. So when we're heading to the pumpkin patch, we stop for groceries now. And one of us either stays with the kids in the car if there's a sleeping child or two or we all go together which can be pretty fun. We're suckers for each others's kids at this point. So if the mama says no, they go to the "aunt" who lets them have...
Weclome back, Blue!! I'm so glad you're on the mend!!! And are you doing western or English for lessons? We just started last weekend and we'll be going twice a month. Craft, I freeze a ton of pumpkin. There is nothing as good as a REAL pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. And pumpkin bread... And that's exactly what I figured for FLL too and we've done 3 lessons this week. There's only 100 so there's no need to rush through since the lessons are so short. What level are you...
Living Memory book for next year. Got it. We survived another library trip. This is going to become my weekly rant but I really hate that so many of the classical history books for kids are just GONE. For the next 9 lessons, the library system had three of the supplemental readings out of about 50. Ack! When we parted from Waldorf (aside from my rage over the entire karma as an explanation for DS' autism), I just came to peace with the idea that there are some kids...
MLW, I knew I was in Waldorf trouble when 2 year old DS would ONLY read DK books. The Waldorf teacher was NOT happy when she saw our library. To this day, DS HATES watercolors.
Kitty, we did Waldorf in preschool and at the time, I really truly thought we'd be Waldorf people for the rest of our lives. But then, I met my kids (after they were babies!) and realized that that is SOOOO not them!! We are now recovering Waldorfers. But we still love Magic Cabin toys. We too get more and more "classical" with every month. We'll start Artistic Pursuits, together. We did deserts this morning and spent a ton of time playing with the new microscope....
I hate when that happens, Craft!!! Hurry back though.
You are BAD, MLW. But I found that used for $3 so I love you anyway. We did the complete Beatrix Potter collection last year. LOVED it! And I think The Wind in the Willows is boring. We couldn't get through it either.
Hi everyone! Our friends just left. We've been going from 3 hours to 5 hanging out together and I can see us just waking up on our co-op mornings and hanging out in pajamas all day long. I cooked 3 chickens on the fire so we would both have dinner done tonight too. And then Sarah made salt potatoes on the stove. Yum! They did one lesson out of REAL science and I read a little about the Trojan War. Tomorrow is our little library day. We're going to try to go to that...