or Connect

Posts by CalmCenter

Ok. I am excited. Trying to stay very chill about it, but the birth is feeling close. I'm just 37 weeks. My midwives came for a homevisit today and found that I am 50% effaced and 1.5cm dilated. I'm having a blessingway Sunday. I feel like I have maybe another week. But a lot more early labor this time, and I guess something really is happening down there. Anyone else dilated or feeling imminent? 
My midwives are coming for a home visit tomorrow. I am 37 weeks today. They are planning on doing a gbs test. I was positive with my first homebirth and did some herbal preventative care (with a sitz bottle and essential oils diluted in water.). But my daughter was born in the caul, so it ended up being a non issue.   I kind of want to skip the test this time altogether, knowing I wouldn't treat except for some herbal stuff. Has anyone else skipped this test or plan...
My midwives are coming for a home visit tomorrow. I am 37 weeks today. They are planning on doing a gbs test. I was positive with my first homebirth and did some herbal preventative care (with a sitz bottle and essential oils diluted in water.). But my daughter was born in the caul, so it ended up being a non issue.   I kind of want to skip the test this time altogether, knowing I wouldn't treat except for some herbal stuff. Has anyone else skipped this test or plan...
oh, so glad to read this thread. i'm on my second babe, 36.5 weeks preggers. and i've been having lots of bh. last night i was having sensation on my cervix. kind of achy. i did call my mw, even though i just saw her a few hours before. she said, take a bath and rest. that is exactly what i needed. i was biking around all day, with my 3 yo in a child seat part of the time. it is an electric bike, so not so rigorous, but still a lot of pressure on my cervix...
I love this post. Im having my second too. I have gotten some attention, but I know it is a reminder to focus in and vision what kind of support/love/attention I really want and need and to just ask for it, if it is appropriate. For me I'd love to have a blessing way ceremony with some close girlfriends. Something that is not focused on gifts, but on honoring my journey through birth and motherhood. Noone has offered to organize it yet, and I think I will organize it...
Crust Less Quiche   I made this for a friend who just had her second babe 10 days ago. It turned out so delicious and super easy. I used some cream and half and half for the dairy part. You can use anything you have in your fridge. I like to sautee the veggies a bit first. Today I used onions, carrots, sweet potato and crimini mushrooms, just what I had on hand. So easy and great if you need some more lecithin in your diet. I blended eggs/dairy in a blender to make...
Hi mamas, I am 5 months pregnant with my second. My first is almost 3 and an amazingly wonderful little being. I love her so much. I am considering filing for divorce with my DH. He has basically been absent from our lives for 6 months. He is bipolar, and likely has aspergers, and likely head trauma. All of which he has never sought help for and self medicates with weed, which means he is checked out emotionally and physically a lot. The truth is he was wonderful as a...
Hi Mamas! I have a kind of silly question: but it is bugging me and would love some experienced moms opinions. This is my second birth, planning a second home birth and working with a new to me home birth midwife. My first midwife took measurements of my uterus and listened to the heart beat each visit. First using a doppler then I think from month 4 on listening with a fetoscope (i think that is the right word). I prefer the fetoscope and told both midwives that I would...
Depends so much on your preferences and style!    I for one dont like onesies, but they are so ubiquitous, that I just cut off the bottom snap part and serged/hemmed them to have lots of sweet tees. I really like the cross over type tees/long sleeve shirts, so nice early on not to have to put shirts over your babes head. my babe had an especially large head :) so it was almost necessary.    we did ecing early on, and i liked wool covers for cloth diapering for...
I have just started making a journal of all our interactions around childcare. I tried to share a written agreement with him yesterday around child visits. Just basic stuff like being on time, and checking in and not doing heavy work with loud equipment while taking care of our daughter. He wouldn't even look at it and instead took off.    I am pretty shocked by it all; because I naively assumed he would still be a good co-parent even if we split up.    We have...