or Connect

Posts by CalmCenter

We bought a 5 gallon container of Coconut Oil several months ago! and use it for all our cooking and baking needs. I love it. Also makes an awesome lubricant (separate container of course. ). Apple cider vinegar is nice in a glass of water, it hydrates you and is cooling so good in the heat. A spoon in a glass of water. You could add a lil raw honey too if you like for taste. I have lost 10 lbs, and am back to my high school weight! without really trying. I think the...
I've had 2 molars pulled, one because a root canal failed and one because I needed a root canal and couldn't afford it. I hugely recommend finding a holistic dentist if you aren't going to one already. They are so much more informed and give you a lot of options. The holistic dentist I went to cleaned out the infection when he pulled the tooth. I don't see any reason you would need anti-biotics. The infection is right there and can be removed without getting into your...
I totally sympathize. I have never had dental insurance, but my teeth have been my major health issue as an adult. I had a molar pulled a few years back rather than get a rootcanal, it was the difference between $2000 and $80. The dentist was really upset at me for doing it, saying I would regret it and on and on. But I felt okay about it and just did it. Well, I really don't miss that tooth and I couldn't live with the pain, so c'est la vie! So that is an option,...
Hi I removed all my amalgam fillings 10 years ago. The dentist had very specialized equipment to prevent any dust or particles from entering my system when he did it. I would definitely NOT go to any regular dentist to do that. I would find a good holistic dentist and get a full consultation and tell him/her your concerns and plans to conceive. Most likely if you are going to conceive soon or could be pregnant I would just wait 'till later to do the work. If you are...
I went to the dentist today and the woman cleaning my teeth was impressed that I had some reversal of periodontal disease. This is a holistic dentist and so she didn't seem surprised. I hadn't gone for a cleaning in over a year, but in that time I have improved my diet a lot. Notably, I have been drinking cultured raw goats milk, a glass a day and I have increased my protein, good fats and nutrients. I was vegetarian/vegan for 14 years or so and have slowly added raw...
This has been on my mind and just thought I would put it out there for anyone with experience. How do you have sex while co-sleeping with your baby. We are preg, but thinking ahead! Do you put your baby in a separate bassinet/bed? What do you think are healthy boundaries around sex and babies/toddlers/children? Thanks!!!:
thanks everyone for the great advice. Wow, never thought I would get so much response in a short time. I really appreciate all of you who responded. Take care.
Hi, I read your post and sympathize. I was exhausted everyday last week and took 1-2 hour naps which I haven't done in ages. I am just newly pregnant and hadn't really adjusted my diet to being preg, until I got so tired. I started eating 5 times a day and protein/nutrient rich food each time. I felt a ton better. I have been vegetarian for 12 years or so and started incorporating raw dairy and healthy meat into my diet in the last 2 years. My sweetie made me...
I am just pregnant, in my 3rd week, from conception. Does anyone have advise on sleeping, and sex? Is it safe to have pressure on my abdomen, like when I sleep on my belly or when we have sex? For those of you mamas working with a midwife, when did you first contact her and when do you usually first have an appointment? This is all new to me... just getting oriented! Peace and Blessings on you!
I turned 36 a month ago and got preg a week after. : My partner and I went through 2 abortions this year so it is a huge relief to be pregnant again and truly ready this time.