or Connect

Posts by CalmCenter

I would totally support you sharing with your midwife about anything you feel. It is so important to create the atmosphere that supports you as the birthing mom, not just for the midwife to get done what she wants to.    Also opening up your vulnerabilities is really opening up your power. And being in your power place for birth is so important.    I can completely relate to your experience. I can have very strong emotional reactions to events and later the other...
This is my second. Just found out he is a boy. I have a 2 3/4 yo girl. I am really happy, excited.  My partner and I are close to a divorce. We have separated for a month now. He has multiple mental health/addiction issues and so on that he hasn't been willing to address.    I have put an ultimatum, that by jan 1st he needs to show change or we need a more formal separation. he is not taking my daughter at all right now, because he won't agree to basic standards of...
One thing I appreciate about pregnancy in general is the opportunity to tap into my women's wisdom and intuition and to find my unique, truthful path. I have many friends who didn't have any ultrasounds, including my midwife, and other friends who had half a dozen. I trust myself. I trust my knowing and my choices. I have declined almost every test, intervention including doppler use unless truly medically necessary. Yet I choose to have one ultrasound mid-pregnancy. I...
i have an US scheduled for this friday. i am excited. planning a hb. I feel somewhat anxious about this pregnancy (my second born) and the u/s feels like a safe option for checking things out. we had one last time and it was very satisfying. first we asked for black and white only and for a minimum time (about 10 minutes total). i do want to find out the gender if presented and know where the placenta is and just that overall everything looks ok. i live close to a...
coconut oil!!!   i also recently got a super yummy salve from Bhumi herbals, a local company, that has seaweed in a olive oil based mixture. It feels so good. My toddler loves smothering it all over too. :)    i love coconut oil because it is edible and super safe with kids. we buy in 5 gallon buckets from nutiva and use for all our baking/cooking needs and it is quite affordable that way. 
I think it is total preference and your body's needs. I carried my babe in a carrier until she was 2, needless to say papa carried her a lot too, and she mobilized herself too walking since 14 mo. I just never felt the need for a stroller and enjoyed the freedom of not having one. now #2 is coming I have a stroller and it is great with my 2 1/2 yo. i got it knowing I was going to a festival by myself involving camping a distance from our car. it was great and i used it...
Hi Mamas, I read some old threads about this issue that helped, but I would love some up-to-date advice and support.  This is pregnancy #2. I have a toddler. Dealt with depression last pregnancy, but was able to manage and didn't have a toddler in the mix. I was considering putting my children up for adoption today, just to give you a sense of how helpless, incapable, exhausted I feel at times.    I have never done meds and honestly haven't done a lot of herbs for...
I knew I wanted to wean my daughter sometime during this pregnancy, but was not sure how/when it would happen. She is 2 years and 7 months. She was a hard core nurser, including nighttime. In somewhat desperation I allowed her to go with my husband for 4 days to visit family without me. Our first overnight separation! She seemed ready and happy about it. I thought she might wean or begin weaning and it wasn't happening otherwise, plus I could really use some alone...
We did a semi-lotus birth with my first. We didn't cut the cord for 6 hours. It was very sweet to leave the placenta attached. I had it in a bowl on a stool next to the couch where my babe and I slept after the birth. We did cut it then, to make it easier to negotiate nursing and such. I was quite weak after the birth and needed all the support I could find.  There are definite benefits to allowing the placenta to stay connected to the child longer, but from my own...
we got a cal king in my dd first year. it is 8", made of natural latex (or some part of it is). I can't remember all details. but amazingly comfortable (we use it on the floor). overstock. 500$ though probably more expensive now. worth checking out.