or Connect

Posts by CalmCenter

Thanks Mamas,    I reread Jeanne Parvati's book on prenatal yoga and natural childbirth last night. It was such a good inspiration to look within and to focus on my spiritual life as well.  The challenges with DH are totally draining!  Struggling so much in my heart about what to do.  We are truly toxic to each other right now.  We both want to make it work. But it isn't. I think facing it and letting us separate, as difficult as it will, will give me the space and...
Hi Mamas,  I hope this isn't too off topic; but pretty sure it is highly pregnancy related. I got pregnant 2 months ago. I currently have a toddler and I am in my late 30s, okay 39.    I have simply not been functioning normally since I got preg. Like I can't manage to clean the house, prepare food and so on. What is going on with me?   I have a few days to myself, for the first time since my first daughter was born, and I feel like mush. Shouldn't be ppd,...
dh just took my 2 1/2 yo daughter for maybe 4 days. first time we have been separated. i have been wanting to wean and it seemed like a good opportunity. i hope i made the right choice. oh, she was really happy to go with papa and seemed to actually groc that i was not coming.    they drove, so if it is too difficult i know they can come back sooner. wow. this is a big one mamas. I just need to a hug ! 
I chose between 2 home birth midwives last time. It was a tough choice! both were good candidates but really different personalities. I think going with your gut feelings about people may help a lot. and also what flows easier with your lifestyle. I was also able to speak with a number of women who had worked with both of the midwives. , which helped a lot. But comes down to it, it is your birth! the midwife matters, but you are really the main person to be concerned...
planning our 2nd home birth. I do think a lot about UC. One of the main reasons I want a home birth midwife present is to sew me up if needed, so I can stay home with babe and not go to a hospital. I had a 2nd degree tear last time. healed great. we have 2 hb midwives in our town. we worked with one last time and switching to the other this time. I do like having the support afterwards and having dedicated women around for the birth. My husband was very involved last...
Deep breathe and hugs to everyone! I am so grateful for all my women friends and mama friends. With my first pregnancy I was in a new town and so isolated socially. DH and I fought a lot, but we also didn't have a child yet so I still had a lot of centering time to myself. This time I have lots of friends/support outside of marriage, but very little personal time. And we are fighting again. I know my tolerance during pregnancy is so low for anything that feels...
Pregnancy seems to be a very difficult time for my marriage. Struggling with getting along and keeping the peace. We have a 2 1/2 yo and I am sick of fighting in front of her especially. We just started marriage therapy, which I am hopeful for. But, on a day to day we would just like to get separated. It is difficult logistically so we are trying to be separated in the same house. Kind of silly, but maybe it will work.    We both have a strong commitment to stay...
recently: toast with butter craving: smoothies with super foods and raw milk turns me off: a lot of food makes me feel queasy and I feel I have to really force myself to eat at all... ugh
Im 39. I was 36 when my first was born. My midwife didn't consider me any different than other younger moms. She had had lots of clients in their late 30s, 40s and said often older moms are more careful with diet and keep in better shape! That confidence helped and I had a good pregnancy and birth. I think I may have had a longer recovery being older, but hard to say too.    I won't do anything different in this pregnancy, and feel grateful for having midwives who...
Wow, nice to hear I am in good company. Still nursing my 2 1/2 yo. Thinking of weaning, but not seeing that it will be easy. She loves nursing and though papa is involved he has never napped or put her to bed. I know I need to work on these things, as for sure he will need to when #2 arrives. This is weighing kind of heavy on me right now. Feeling a bit overwhelmed. Papa is very present, but has some issues too with dependability and follow through, which make me want to...