or Connect

Posts by CalmCenter

PROTEIN!!! I get wildly out of whack, when I don't enough of it. 
EDD: March 4 Your Name: CalmCenter Age: 39 State or Country: CA How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1st try (same day I removed my IUD!) What number child is this for you:2 Family:  Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Birth Plans/Preferences:home birth, husband assisted
I am 4 weeks along (no march group yet, so I joined this one!). I would like to wean my 2 1/2 year old daughter in the next few months. She is an avid nurser. Loves her "nanas". If anyone has successfully weaned a toddler during early pregnancy or any other time, I'd love to hear how you did it. We cosleep and I don't plan to change that, although she does have her own toddler mattress next to our cal-king on the floor, so there is plenty of space for #2. My husband is...
I live in Chico, CA there are so many things I love about this city.    Park running the whole length of the city. Bike paths are prioritized. Possible to bike safely anywhere in town. Great playgrounds. Huge creek-fed public pool. Outdoor concerts, family friendly activities.  Year round farmers market Many organic farms, and organic food available in abundance Active homeschooling and unschooling communities Several alternative charter school...
Thanks for starting this thread and all who replied. I am on #2 and deciding between midwife home birth and UC. I had a midwife for my first, but it was a disagreeable experience in some ways. I had a 2nd degree tear and my midwife was not able to sew it up. she called on another midwife in town who sewed me up. It was about 2-3 hours after the birth. I didn't feel a thing and was just in this relaxed, open state, holding my baby the whole time. That was about as good...
I am in this same situation and looking for ideas. My little one is 26 months and I am planning on getting pregnant within a few months. She only falls asleep nursing or in the car seat while we are driving. We cosleep and she wakes in the night several  times and often in the morning wants to nurse for long stretches. I have been feeling a strong aversion to nursing her at night especially, as it sacrifices some of my sleep. I only nurse on one side and it has become...
Wow. I feel really bad for you. That is a very unfortunate situation. I live in Nor Cal and had my baby with a midwife. Both of our local midwives don't recommend smoking during pregnancy, but would NEVER report a woman for doing so. That is so wrong!!!! There is no solid scientific evidence that smoking MJ causes birth defects. My only advice would be to look deep down, and see if you felt able to do an unassisted birth or to find a homebirth midwife who would support...
Oh! I love the photos. Nature provides the most beautiful ornamentation. Thanks for sharing. We live west of the Sierras and east of the Sea as well... maybe right around the bend. wink. :)
December 6th and the holidays are coming... Winter Solstice, Christmas, New Years, and more...    I would like to reform some of the traditions I have received.... primarily the materialist aspect of the holidays. My daughter is 11 months and this will be her first year to experience this season. It may not be consciously remembered, but it seems a great opportunity for our family to forge some new traditions. I would love to know what your family does... I really...
Oh, I love the youtube video. I am pretty not christian. And I totally love this message. Searching for some non-material... alternative... relationship oriented ways to celebrate the holidays this year... I'd love to hear your story.