or Connect

Posts by estercita

(Cross-posted in toddlers forum.)   Hi, all. This is my first post in this forum. I'm writing in desperation for advice on dealing with my almost 4-year-old daughter.   I don't know what happened to our sweet girl, but over the last few weeks she has become extremely disrespectful & aggressive toward teachers & classmates at her preschool, which she attends full-time (9-5). With teachers she has been hitting, kicking, & scratching when they try to...
Hi, all. This is my first post in this forum. I'm writing in desperation for advice on dealing with my almost 4-year-old daughter.   I don't know what happened to our sweet girl, but over the last few weeks she has become extremely disrespectful & aggressive toward teachers & classmates at her preschool, which she attends full-time (9-5). With teachers she has been hitting, kicking, & scratching when they try to discipline her (this mainly happens during nap...
It sounds like you're not at the right dose yet. I didn't get relief from insomnia (my PPA/PPD symptom) until 150mg. It also takes 6 weeks at a given dose to reach the full effect. 75mg is considered a pretty low dose. I'd talk to your doctor or pdoc about increasing the dose again.
Do not hesitate to take medication if that's what you need. I took Zoloft and breastfed my daughter starting at 4 months until we stopped breastfeeding at 19 months. She is 3 years old now & thriving. Zoloft is considered safe for breastfeeding. Please don't let yourself suffer any longer.
I'm a researcher at a large research university. I've gotten approval for countless research studies in the past 10 years. I'm curious why the poster did not include (a) her name, (b) the name of her university, and (c) contact information for anyone who has questions about the study. This is standard information for any research study, even an online survey. The survey seems legit, but the absence of this information is  puzzling.
Hi, everyone. I'd be really interested hearing from those of you who had insomnia as your primary symptom and who found an AD that worked. I'm weaning off of Zoloft for the 2nd time & am frustrated that I am once again dealing with insomnia. I was on this board in 2009 at the height of my PPA, when I had severe insomnia. I took a lot of comfort hearing from those of you who recovered, and I'm happy to be on the other side of PPA now.   I took Zoloft from April to...
A psychiatrist whose name I can't remember did a study showing that skipping a dose 2 days in a row helped most of the research participants minimize the sexual side effects of SSRIs--without exacerbating their symptoms of depression or anxiety. These are referred to as "med holidays" or something like that. I've been doing this for a number of months now (I'm taking Zoloft) and it has *really* helped a lot. I haven't had any negative side effects from skipping 2...
I was super worried about taking medication, but after researching it extensively, I was assured that Zoloft was safe. I started taking it when my daughter was 5 months old & am still taking it (she weaned about 1.5 months ago, at 19 months). She is on target with all of her development. Especially since your baby is 9 months & eating other solids, it's not as much of a concern as with a newborn or younger baby.
The only side effects for me were sexual. Zoloft allowed me finally to sleep and enjoy my life and my baby after several months of insomnia hell. The issue is that side effects and effectiveness are highly individualized, so the only way to know if it will help *you* is to try it.
I definitely relate to your situation and concern about meds. I developed awful insomnia at 3.5 months PP. Zoloft effectively treated the underlying anxiety & until that kicked in I used Remeron to sleep. I had tried Ambien for about 8 weeks but it really didn't work for me, just prolonged my agony. I had no side effects whatsoever from stopping Remeron. In fact, I didn't even taper, just began taking it as needed once my psychiatrist gave me the green light to try...