or Connect

Posts by deleria

Hi mama, Another mom dealing with unknown hearing loss here. Our two oldest boys have bilateral hearing loss (both ears) which is believed to be genetic. They both wear hearing aids and have run the gamut of tests. The most important thing for our boys is to feel comfortable with the audiologist performing the tests. Most of them have made the boys feel comfortable enough that they willingly sat for the procedures. However, I would rather get a good response than a poor...
I've never heard of that. That makes about as much sense as the two nurses who told my friend not to breastfeed because she's a redhead and redheads can't successfully breastfeed without pain :P
Hi mamas, A quick background: I'm a postpartum doula who's helping out a friend. She just had her second baby two days ago via cesarean section. Her first experience with breastfeeding was quite challenging - her son lost more than 10% of his birth weight (also born via c-section and was a large baby at 10lbs 14oz), had some latch issues and was supplemented with bottles from the get-go. She was virtually traumatized by the experience and gave up on pumping and nursing...
When I read your words about your sweet little James, it reminds me that nothing - absolutely nothing - in this life is more important, more grand, more meaningful than love. Your love for James shines through in every word. Your honesty and insight has really touched me and helped me learn. Thank you for sharing with us, mama. I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy
Yeah, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Do you know anyone else with Downs? You could say something like 'Oh, okay. My cousin's son has DS' or something along those lines. Sort of to connect or relate or whathaveyou. Or be honest if you don't have experience with it, but avoid 'I'm so sorry to hear that' at all costs. I'm guessing she assumes that you know, or it would have come up in conversation by now. So you can always wait for her to bring it up in context, like...
Hey hey, mamas! It's been ages since I last posted. We've been terribly busy... We sold our house, bought a new one (not exactly in that order) and are moving in two weeks. By the time we're done, the entire thing will have taken about two months. Craziness! Jackson is doing incredibly well. He's crawling, cruising and eating everything I put in front of him. The boy is insatiable! He LOVES solids. I've never had one this interested. He's a very independent boy, so this...
My DS3 passed the test, but it took forever to administer! It kept giving errors, the probes kept coming off... It was extra important for us that he receive good testing, however, as our two older boys are hearing impaired. Ironically, neither of them was tested at birth, so I'm no help there. Jackson did pass, however, and it's fairly obvious that he has no hearing loss. We're thrilled! Good luck to your friend and her little one. I hope she passes with flying colours
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaLocs Morning Everyone! I have a question for ya: Do any of you have as 'serious' baby? My little guy smiles for family and friends that he knows. But strangers will coo and try to get him to smile and he just sucks in his bottom lip and gazes at them. It's funny for me to watch people try to get him to smile at them, but some people genuinely take offense! I have a friend with a baby near the same age as mine and she's...
Our baby was very much the same at the same age. I gave him blankets to chew on. Very much like the washcloth idea.
Hi Kalynnsmom, and welcome to Oct 2006! Congrats on your little boys, and I'm glad nursing is going well. It can be a challenge for singletons, let alone twins. Hats off to you! I have a friend who's boys were born premature and she pumped for them for 15 months! She's my hero Good luck with the evaluation. I hope that your little guy is just taking his sweet time doing stuff. I didn't walk until I was 18 months. I really enjoyed being carried around, apparently