or Connect

Posts by katelove

Oh, and regarding Bible teaching at their level. Maybe he could choose a good children's Bible to read to them from. And there are heaps of free Sunday School resources on the web. It's easiest if you've already chosen the passage/story though so he could decide what he wants to do - Noah, Jonah, etc - then Google: Noah Sunday school pre-school, for example.
Well, I think one of his responsibilities should be to to actively seek out some clarity and understanding regarding his role as spiritual leader. This seems like a pretty good place to start to me. The best resource is probably your pastor/minister or another man in your church whom you know to be a mature Christian. Ideally one with a family a bit older than yours but I don't think that's essential. I also think that praying about it and seeking advice from God, both...
Totally normal :-) At that age I would just say in a shocked but not too over-the-top voice "oh no! We mustn't hit!" And pick him up for a cuddle. Then, because I don't think it's ever too early to start, I would say "you were really cross when X took the eggs. It's ok to be cross." If he didn't want to be cuddled I'd skip the talk and just put him down somewhere away from other kids but near something interesting he could play with.
In the first instance I would probably try putting EBM on it at the end of each feed. Wash it gently but well with warm soapy water in the shower once a day. And leave it open to the air as much as possible. If it doesn't clear up or is getting worse then you may need ABs. But you certainly don't have to wean or 'pump and dump' if you do. Any of the first line antibiotics for the type of infection you're likely to have are compatible with breastfeeding. If it is a topical...
Sounds like it could be white coat syndrome. Do you take your BP regularly at home and record it? I would suggest you start doing that and show your midwives. Hypertension and PIH are certainly not to be trifled with but, based on the information you provided in your OP, you have neither. I saw nothing in your OP which was an indication for early induction. I would be asking the midwives some questions about the precise criteria and evidence they are basing this advice...
You could look at it as giving them money=supporting them. Or you could look at it as spending some money to allow your son to see where his dairy products come from (I know it's not the exact farm you use but sounds like a close enough set up for them to be analogous) in order to make a more informed choice. Look at it as research for him. He may or may not share your values regarding farming as he grows older. This could be a step on his journey towards making his own,...
It's actually really good for babies to observe us doing our daily activities. If you can pop her in a carrier and do whatever you can she will probably enjoy the movement (which is also good for her development) and the sight of what is happening. If you're interested in this idea then I recommend the Comtinuum Concept.
Some of you may remember my previous thread on dealing with my 3.5yo's behaviour issues. Things have improved a lot, I'm happy to say. Both her behaviour and my attitude. However, we still have the ongoing issue of hurting her little sister and I don't know how to address it. DD1 will be four next month, DD2 is 17mo. At least once a day, but usually more often, DD1 will deliberately hurt her in some way. Either hit her, squeeze her cheek, stretch her mouth or kick her....
I can't tell you whether to give him the ABs or not but it is certainly common to get a bacterial infection on top of any type of skin disruption, such as eczema. Staph is the more common agent but strep pyogenes is probably the second most common.
Oops, forgot to post earlier. 64.3kg (141.lb) oops! My chocolate eating has caught up with me. But now I'm sick so maybe that will help.