or Connect

Posts by lilzippy59

I don't know if this will help, but I have hepatitis and can breastfeed without issue. I also have fatty liver I believe. If I chose to be treated then no, I couldn't nurse during and 6 months after treatment. My doctor was comfortable with me prolonging treatment. I'd try to call the GI you'll be seeing just to ask.   I'm sorry to hear that though :-(
I was an EPer with both boys (but just got DS2 to EBF!) and the advice about pumping is spot on. If you don't have time to cluster pump as described though, you can do it by pumping 10minutes on/10 minutes off for 1 hour as well.   It def. sounds like he's eating way too much. That tends to happen with bottles. DS2 had a really hard time with bottles which is what gave me the extra motivation to get him back to breast. I found the breastflow bottles worked awesome....
The brand is Breastflow. They have regular style and a disposable version that uses any of the liners (like playtex drop in liners is what we use). Weve tried both and they're the same except you wash the entire setup of one and only the nipple set up of the other. I got mine from Target online, I haven't seen in any stores but almost anywhere online.Target, amazon, Diapers, walmart online for some. Here is their site:...
old thread I know, but if you're still having issues try Breastflow bottles (or they're coming out with new "Bare Bottles" which look amazing). I was EPing for my son from 2 days after birth (NICU baby) and it was after going to the breastflow bottles that he started latching and is now EBF. Good luck!
I have a similar problem. DS was in the Continuing  Care Nursery for 3 weeks and although he breastfed on demand after birth and the 1st day he was mostly bottlefed my milk in the nursery. I waas able to get up there to nurse once a day on average. We still need the shield due to an overbite leading to him not getting a good seal. I EP'ed for him through 10 weeks old, and I had a major oversupply. I was pumping 50-60oz per day and have 1300oz+ in the freezer.  He has...
This is month/cycle  #3 of trying to conceive our second child and this month looks fantastic to me so far. I think it looks like the start of a triphasic chart but would love some other opinions. My temp spiked higher than ever yesterday at 8DPO and remains higher than my previous temps today. All other signs point to yes! Normally my temp drastically starts to drop by 8-9dpo if you compare to myother charts.   What do you all think?!?!?   Thanks...
So awesome!!!! That chart looks fantastic!   I'd hold off on the digi for now, those usually won't show a + until you're late. But keep using the ICs!!  
Hey guys, I'm new here. Not quite in the 2ww yet but will be in a few days I think! This will be our 2nd month trying to #2 and itonly took two cycles for DS so I'm praying for a speedy visit here!   Good luck to everyone and Bobbys, congrats!!!!
First off, don't feel bad about not nursing! I'm jealous you got to nurse for 6 months! I was unable to nurse so I've been pumping around the clock for the past 7.5 months. It's just getting too stressful so I've been slowing down, and while DS has always gotten some formula he's been getting loads more and I feel guilty about that. You're doing the best you can for your baby and that's all any more can (and should) do. Don't feel bad mama- but I know how you feel...
My whole pregnancy I was looking forward to nursing, but it didn't happen the way I envisioned. Fast forward to today: My son turned 12 weeks yesterday and he's currently being fed expressed milk in a bottle, with the occasional bottle of formula a few times a week. I've tried to get him to nurse but it just doesn't happen. I made the decision to attempt to nurse before every feeding for the entire week this week. If he didn't take then I'd stop hoping so much. I'd...