or Connect

Posts by luckiest

We went through this and ditched all media.  It was so not worth the inevitable meltdown just to have twenty minutes of peace.  The house ended up being much more peaceful without the trigger of the TV.  I say ditch it - remove it from the house however you can (garage, closet, somewhere he won't find it).  DS was 3 when we started reintroducing media, and I did it smarter - I purchased a couple of episodes of shows, but no more Netflix.  The problem with Netflix is that...
We just never washed DS's hair :)   It was even pretty long, and never really looked dirty.  Now he's 3.5 and we wash it probably once a month.  He doesn't like it, but at this age we can talk through it.  Putting a rag over his eyes and forehead helps a lot.
DS is 3.25 and is naked 99% of the time that we're in the house.  Around 3 he finally began to consent to our rule that he wear at least undies in the front yard.  It used to be a big deal just getting dressed to run an errand, now it isn't a problem, as long as he's allowed to be naked in the house, which I don't mind because it's easier for me!  Last year we definitely did a few grocery trips with him just in undies, because I just didn't want to engage in the battle to...
We are not screen free, but we limit it very much.  We don't do Netflix or Youtube or have a TV, so what he watches is limited to the couple of shows that I have downloaded on my phone - Daniel Tiger, Pingu, and Curious George.  He has seen a few movies - Toy Story, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs...he's 3.25, btw.   We have gone long stretches where we've been totally screen-free because DS was WAY addicted and wouldn't want to do anything other than watch.  Once he...
My 3 year old is naked ALL the time.  It's just what he prefers.  I think it just feels better, freer, and my guess is that it probably doesn't have anything to do with potty training.     I let DS be naked all the time, unless we are leaving the house to run errands.  If he's cold, he'll tell me, and it's rare.  They really don't feel cold like we do.  It's about 50F this morning and he came with me outside to let the dog out - me wearing slippers and long jammies and...
I'm pregnant again after a very recent loss. We didn't plan to get pregnant again so soon, but here we are. I am a crazy anxious mess right now and would love to hear others' experiences with early bleeding. I had a tiny bit of spotting Saturday, two days before period due. Teeny teeny tiny bit of pink. Then Sunday another tiny tiny bit of pink, just once when I went to the bathroom. Monday, positive test, slightly more spotting, brown. Yesterday, lots more spotting, dark...
I'm in the last part of my 2WW right now.  We were going to wait a cycle before TTC again (miscarried at 8 weeks), but I O'ed REALLY early for me (my cycles were like 8 weeks long before but I o'ed just 3 weeks after my miscarriage started.  We had sex one night and the next morning I had ovulation pain).   It caught me by surprise, for sure!     I'm doing fertility acupuncture, taking vitex as well as a chinese herb blend.     Should know something by Monday!
That is so hard. I'd again recommend Laura Markham's book, as it is full of really practical ideas on how to handle meltdowns, and how to coach them through their emotions. It isn't super dense either, so you could probably read it even with an exhausted brain. Another thought occurred to me reading your last post, because it's true for DS - is she very extroverted, wanting lots of interaction with lots of people? I'm highly introverted and DS is highly extroverted, and...
So sorry you are both going through a rough time!  I can commiserate - DS will be 3 next month and we just moved from our house into my mother's house (temporarily, while we hunt for a new place).  He was fine for about a week, then it seemed to set in that this was more than just a visit, and we also made the mistake of taking him back to our empty house.  We've had a few days of some pretty epic meltdowns of the variety you mention - he chooses something to be upset...
Hi everyone - I had graduated from the August thread with a positive test, but I unfortunately miscarried recently at 8 weeks.  I had a feeling right from the start that it wouldn't stick, but even though I'm not surprised, we're pretty sad.  Definitely eager to get going again, although I'll let a cycle pass before we start trying again.  I'm hoping for another positive before the end of the year, although that might not be realistic since my cycles were so irregular...