or Connect

Posts by lellian

Thank you, Doulamama. Your reply was full of good things to consider. Maybe I wallow too much in mama's guilt? And maybe she needs MORE responsibility? I think that I have also assumed there are certain things that would just rock her very foundation, less nursing being one, because of her personality. (This child was high needs in the womb!) BUT when she does go to "school" two days a week, also a Reggio Emilio inspired school, and she does nap (which is rare, very...
Thank you for your response. I've been checking back and checking back looking for some mama's magic solution.   When DH is home he is completely 100% involved with her. He gets up with her before I do, spends a ton of time with her playing, taking her out of coffee, buying me time to nurse DS. The moment she sees me her entire demeanor changes, and it becomes painful for everyone involved. She is learning to be patient, as she whines, cries, and sometimes even tries...
I need some help. I need a lot of help. I am burnt out on nursing my 29 month old daughter. I am at the end of rope at how demanding she is, how impatient she is, how moody she is all because of mama's milk. I know she is not ready to wean. If it is up to her she will wean after her 11 month old brother weans. She LIVES for milk. She wants milk all the time. If I'm nursing the baby, she wants milk, now. And if she doesn't get milk, now, she throws a fit. She can be the...
After doing a search on here for Radian and Sienna, I"m all kinds of confused about where the car seats should be placed in the minivan. We are looking at a 2012 Sienna. We have 24 month old DD in a forward facing Radian in our small car. Six month old DS is in his RF pumpkin seat. We only had a back seat, so that's where they are. From what I've read I'm now not sure if DD is supposed to be RF in the captain seat, or even if DS should be in the second row?!? I thought...
DD is 24 months. She has been showing interest in peeing on the potty for the last few months. We are very causal about this. She has the Bjorn potty seat on the "big girl potty"and when she tells me she needs to go we help her on the toilet. Every time she says she needs to pee, she always does. She totally gets peeing on the potty.    She is tall. The little potty seats just don't work her long legs. She is a squatter. She always, always squats to poop. Obviously...
We do a multi vitamin every day, an extra vitamin C, and probiotics. I tried an Omega but she wouldn't take it. Plus DD still nurses at 22 months. With all that, and a mostly super healthy diet (yogurt, fresh fruit, veggies, fish, turkey) she still catches every cold in her classroom. I don't think there is any fool proof way of boosting enough. If there is. . .I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!
I was thinking about starting this very thread when I found your post! DD is 22 months, and although she is extremely loving, she isn't affectionate. . .except towards her little brother. She will crawl over broken glass (hypothetically, of course) to give him a kiss and tell him she loves him. Us. . .well, she kisses me after nursing her to sleep at night. She's in a milk haze, more than half out of it, and then I get a kiss! I LIVE for that kiss! She's in a toddler...
Hi, I just wanted to update this post. After meeting with director for the tour at the RE school I asked her about toddlers and the computer. She said they don't use them, the toddlers that is. The teacher may use it to pull up a video or something, but the toddlers don't use it as it doesn't fit in with the school's philosophy for that age group. Their website says differently, but I'm glad to hear what I wanted to hear. The school is everything I want for DD so we are...
Thank you for your replies and incite. I'll have more information on Monday on HOW they use the computer in the RE classrooms. The other program we visited last week had a full on computer lab that the toddlers used for 30 minutes a day. Eeeks! I explained that I wasn't comfortable with this, and the director said DD could skip computer time, but that she would feel left out watching the other toddlers on the computers having fun.
The program we are looking into on Monday (that I was most excited about) is a RE inspired program. ..but the computers in the classroom "to promote comfort with technology at an early age" bothers me. I was hoping they would be computer free in the toddler program.