or Connect

Posts by Ella-6

Funny Face: You sound incredibly motivated and hard-working to me. Being able to sustain 'what you have' would be really hard for a depressed person to pull off.   What if it's simply a question of balance? It could be that certain aspects of your situation need to be tweaked or reworked. After all you've been content before...   Your husband recently demonstrated that he is capable of helping - when he had to. Maybe there's something there that could be...
Yesterday, I perused this forum Healing Birth Trauma, because I'm really ready to do that now. It was only been about a week that I have truly accepted my birth experience: compound presentation, long painful labour, manual removal of placenta etc...   Now that the emotional healing has taken place, I've been able to open up to the mental challenge of committing to the practices that will enable full physical healing. So, I started doing Kegels everyday, but......
lol lol lol   That was me as I was reading through the list. It's so great to be able to laugh about it now. Before DS was born I was told by a psychic that I was going to have twin boys. Nope just 1, but with the energy of 2!   OP, thank you so much for putting into words our experience of parenting a high-needs baby. It really is valuable and affirming.    
You find sand in your house even though you don't live near a beach.
   ...and the bottom shelves are filled exclusively with toys and children's books.    
I can put DS into the back position in the Kozy Carrier by myself when we are at home from like the couch or the bed, but I can't imagine trying to do that when we're out. The transfer feels unsafe. I'm also afraid of DS being wiggly or running away from me.   I did a search on the Boba and it looks good. Maybe the structure of it would make it easier to put on and be more comfortable for us.   To get back to the original topic: We like to babywear everyday for...
DS (18 mths) needs to be cuddled down to a sleep. He has to be really sleepy for that to mean someone lying next to him with their arm around him to nap. Usually I throw him in a Mei Tei in the front carry position and do laps in the very boring, darkened hallway. When he settles down enough then I lay him down on a floor bed. If I put a blanket on him too soon it wakes him up. He has to be fully asleep to accept the blanket.   Sometimes holding a snuggly while we're...
So DS is too heavy for a front carry! He's about 25 pounds.   I've tried the back carry position with the Kozy, but find it quite difficult to get him in and out. I guess it was the convenience factor that won out with the front-carrying position.   I'll go over to the baby-wearing forum and ask about back carriers that are specially designed for toddlers. DS will appreciate it too because he loves to be carried.   Thanks for your ideas and support.
This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. When DS was a baby we used a ring sling and at about 5 months we switched to the Kozy Carrier. But now at 18 months he's getting too heavy for me and I'm feeling burnt out. I want to give my son the best experience in life, but it feels like my body can't take it anymore.   If I take DS for a walk he can be a bit unpredictable (like running away or getting sidetracked), so I'm thinking of transitioning to a...
I really love the Mei Tei: Kozy Carrier. I can wear my 1 year old comfortably - for hours if necessary.   We used to use a ring sling, but it hurts not long after putting it on. What's great about the Kozy is that there are no metal attachments, it's all fabric and designed for comfort and support. I feel DS is very safe. He does too. When he's sleepy he just snuggles in more and the Mei Tei comfortably supports him while he's napping.   Where I live people come...