or Connect

Posts by Ella-6

DH and I take it in turns to look after DS so that we can get out on our own sometimes.   Today when I was purchasing a movie ticket I aked for one adult ticket. The cashier asked me to confirm if it was for just one ticket. Then she added, "All by yourself?" And I replied in a matter-of-fact way, "Yes, all by myself."   I always sit at the front of the cinema because hardly anyone ever likes to sit up there. It is so peaceful.    
Welcome to the newcomers.   When I was a child what I wanted most from the adults around me was their love (to feel loved by them). So when I'm inclined to question my mothering style I just think: Does DS know that I love him? That's how I cut through second guessing my abilities/societal expectations etc.   What also helps is ensuring that I get quality me-time from time-to-time (to build up the required energy reserves) in order to give him the kind of...
My 11 month old (9.6kg) needs to be held and walked to sleep every time, naps or to bed for the night. He takes all his naps with me in the Mei Tei. Luckily when his father helps out in the morning or late in the evening he will sleep on DH too.   I used to find it quite tiring, but I've increased in my ability to handle it and have also grown a lot in acceptance towards it. Although like you, I'm starting to wonder how long he will be needing to do this.   DS is...
Hi Oriole, Cute kitties. To sell the originals I agree with pp when they recommend selling at cafes and markets. Also you could try entering them in church fund raisers where they earn a commission from selling your work and local competitions/fairs where they do the same. If you can't afford framing just extend the painting from the front to the sides of the canvas as well. For prints etc. these two places come highly recommended from my artist friend...
Thanks Xantho, It's funny I haven't done anything about it yet. Although I did start venturing out of the house this week with ds. He seems really ready to interact with the environment outside our door, looking around at everything with real interest - which is sweet to watch. Gratefully his sleep regression has ended, so he's more likely to be happy and predictable regarding naps and the like.
Starflower, you managed to make it sound... appealing. How did you do that? I don't have much support other than dh, so maybe I should go. On your other note: dehydration in animals is def. a concern. Hope your furball feels better soon!
ds is currently going through the 4 month sleep regression too. Here are some things I've been doing: He likes to be fed hourly between 4am and 7am. However lately if I'm certain he's full from a recent feeding, I will shush him back to sleep. This works once. The next time he wakes he gets fed Late at night, if he's awake and feeding but a bit too awake I will rug him up and turn the light down low, this usually helps to settle him During the day he is put down for a...
Hi, I haven't posted for a while and now I have a 5 month old! ...anyways I have a question for introverted mamas regarding joining mothers groups etc. Did you enjoy it or at least get something out of it? I'm thinking of joining a breastfeeding mothers group in the local area. I hesitate because it would mean giving up the freedom that comes from not knowing anyone locally. Up until now I could go out and never have to stop and chit chat with anyone. But now that...
When it comes to real life - I'm of the mind that all facts are fluid. That's why I am so happy to receive varying points of view regarding my original post. After considering your replies, my doctors opinion and my own, here's what I'm thinking: Based on my baby's cues, if I feed my baby solids now, I would be pushing them onto him before he's ready.As of yet, the only sign of readiness he is displaying is curiosity. Next, what's needed is to be on the lookout for...
Our family doctor says that the World Health Org has got it wrong with starting solids at 6 months. She quoted studies that report that if you start solids at 6 months or beyond that your baby is at risk of developing food allergies. She feels very strongly about this and repeated her case more than once in our consultation. My baby is only 4 months old and it just doesn't feel right for us.