or Connect

Posts by Ella-6

We have a baby boy! My waters broke in the afternoon, followed quickly by contractions. By 6.30pm the contractions were 2 1/2 minutes apart. It was only after they seemed to increase in pain, rather than timing closer together that I felt I needed to transfer to the Birth Center. I wasn't expecting that. It was 12 midnight. Then after little progress (despite my best efforts) I was transfered to the Birthing Suite at about 8am. Having an epidural really helped with...
Congratulations on your beautiful new boy!!! Sorry to hear about the after birth stuff that happened... Glad to hear that you can be with him and are breastfeeding him now!
Wow - gon2be and Ears73 Congratulations on your babies!!! So happy to hear good news! ...and thanks mamabearsoblessed and darcytrue for wishing me well for the last few weeks. Now it's only 1 1/2 weeks. Baby has dropped super low and is feeling heavier than normal. Not much else except for cervical twinges and wanting to stay... at... home...
Congratulations! Beautiful Birth Story and Photos!!! Welcome Everett
Hi everyone, I haven't been around for awhile because I have been busy nesting and the like... Anyway an update: I'm at 37 weeks now and started having regular BH contractions a couple of days ago. They feel wonderful. I couldn't help but smile, because this is the closest I've ever felt to giving birth and holding this little one. It feels so right!
Hi WindyCityMom, I'm UCing as well and dropped by this forum to see if "this is labour' too. I'm feeling calm, happy and excited all at the same time. Anyway.. I started having BH contractions in the last couple of days. Today they were more regular, but extremely pleasant with a warming sensation. Interestingly, before the regular ones started, I felt a strong urge to go and lie down... I'm also feeling regular pressure on my cervix (from the baby I think). I'll...
Well I don't know what's normal with this being my first baby and all... But, to have gone from a baby who even startled others with their wave-like rolling movements, to prodding movements, I for one am grateful! Seems like there is less room in there anyway, it's mostly baby.
After seeing your ultrasound, I'm pretty sure we're having a boy (even though you couldn't see the penis, just the testes). Your ultrasound photo has more triangular shapes to the baby parts, whereas mine had quite rounded shapes. And the tech guy thought our baby was a boy. I don't have a photo to upload, because he didn't save that shot onto our file. Girl parts can get swollen from the Mothers hormones, so maybe that's why your ultrasound is a little hard to read...
Quote: Originally Posted by themamamama As for the difference between Hypnobirthing and Hypnobabies, the Hypnobabies course is a home-study course, so it comes with 5 CDs with a couple tracks each, and a workbook to read. I did Hypnobirthing last time because I thought it would help me to learn, having an actual class with an actual teacher, but it turns out -- for me at least -- it's a thing you do in your own head, so mostly what you need is lots of...
I've started Hypnobirthing... Can anyone describe the difference between Hypnobirthing and Hypnobabies?