or Connect

Posts by steelmagnolia9

Completed!!
During my 2nd pregnancy, I developed a varicose vein on the inside of my right knee which became extremely painful toward the end of the pregnancy, but disappeared not long after birth.  I am pregnant again, and the vein is back with a vengeance!  I'm only 18 wks and already it's very painful.  I wore support stockings during my last pregnancy, but that was through the winter.  Now that it's getting hot, I want to wear skirts and shorts, but can't wear stockings with...
I used the small sized Fuzzi Bunz with my dd until she grew out of them at about 6 mos, with no trouble. I then ordered FB OS diapers for her which we've been using for about 8 months. I wash and dry according to their directions and yet I'm having a huge problem with the PUL lining pulling away from the cover. I returned 2 of them about 3 months ago due to this problem, and I now have 5 more that are doing the same thing! Has anyone else had this problem? Am I...
Welcome to MDC...and motherhood, Lisa! What part of Arkansas are you in? I'm in Central AR/ Little Rock area.
Fruit spoils, babies don't. You know your child better than anyone else. You're the expert. If you don't stand up for your child, who will? and a quote I love: "They may not remember what you said, but they will remember how you made them feel."
I just used Dr. Ashley Deed at Central Clinic for Women in LR for my VBAC. She wasn't as "natural birth" minded as I would have wanted, but she did allow me to have a VBAC which was my first concern. She was open to most of my requests, though. I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Michael Henry in LR, if you would be willing to see a male. I will probably see him for my next pregnancy.
I don't always put on my "whole face", but at least wear a little blush and mascara everyday. I find that I feel so much better if I fix my hair and put on a little makeup.
It's amazing what a great cut and little makeup can do! Seriously, even if I'm only wearing yoga pants and a tshirt, if I fix my hair and put on a little blush and mascara, I feel so much better! I love wearing dresses - especially if you can find ones that cross-over in the front or pull down easily for easy nursing. I wear them with leggings a lot, so that I'm comfy yet look put together. Forever 21 has great dresses like that for under $15. Something like...
We had a traumatic birth with our first DD - oxygen deprived, among other things - she ended up having to be trached and was always ventilator dependant because of the neurological damage. Anyway...she would have episodes much like what you are describing. I came to find that it was overstimulation. We really couldn't do much to get her out of it when she was in it, but just learned to prevent the episodes altogether by noticing what triggered them. Once we figure it...
My husband and I just started a lending library for his chiropractic clinic. Some of the parenting books we have are: The Baby Book -Dr Sears The Discipline Book -Dr Sears Nighttime Parenting - Dr Sears Sleeping with Your Baby - Dr. James McKenna The Vital Touch - Sharon Heller Siblings w/o Rivalry -Faber and Mazlish The Happiest Baby on the Block - Harvey Karp The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book...