or Connect

Posts by Sourire

Xerxella - when I was on Lupron I had INSANE hot flashes, the kind that makes you want to rip all your clothes off and jump in a snowbank. I wasn't constantly hot though, it was just for a few minutes every half hour. I'm cheering you on for this cycle, and everyone else here too!
How's everyone doing this week?   Re finding out the gender - I chose to find out the sex of my baby and I'm happy I did because now I'm able to call her by name when I talk about her... I really dislike referring to my daughter as "the baby" or especially "it", I already feel like she is a real person and calling her "it" makes it feel like she isn't! Also after TTC for so long I had such a hard time believing that I was really going to have a baby for most of my...
I'm a bit confused about how you are calculating your weeks mainebaby! If you'll be 7 weeks on April 28, that would make you 3 weeks pregnant today, but yesterday you said you were 14 days past retrieval aka 4 weeks pregnant. Am I missing something? I just ask because it seems like your ultrasound is pretty far, mine was about 3 weeks after my beta.
Laggie - I'm crazy excited for you and your Greek twins!!!!! How are things going with you? How many weeks along are you? Any symptoms?
autumn - so glad to hear you haven't had any spotting after weaning progesterone, that is a great sign. Queasy sounds great... just enough to be reassuring, but not full blown miserable nausea. I think that's really nice how you told your friend about your pregnancy, how did she react?   monkey - the baby shower was really lovely! We played all the usual silly baby shower games, ate cupcakes, and I got so many insanely cute little outfits for my little...
Well I had a lot of nausea & vomiting in the first half of my pregnancy, it hasn't come back but I have developed significant heartburn lately that sometimes makes me feel a bit nauseated. Is that similar to what you're experiencing or is it really the nausea coming back for you? Hugs to you if it is, nausea isn't much fun!
I've had a few days where I felt a bit like that... when my baby first turned head down a few weeks ago she would spend hours bouncing her head on my cervix like a trampoline, it totally freaked me out because I felt like she was going to fall out of me at any second!   I find that she tends to calm down when I go for a walk, the rythmic movement must lull her to sleep. When she's really hitting my cervix & bladder hard it can be difficult to walk at first but after...
Thanks for the welcome ladies!   Here is my blurb: Sourire - EDD May 11 - expecting baby#1 conceived using IVF after 3 years of TTC and a miscarriage 5/13   autumn - how nice that you get to ditch the meds already! I had to take my progesterone until about 14 weeks (I was supposed to stop at 10 weeks but I tried and got some spotting so I freaked out and got back on). I do think weaning off the meds gradually is a good approach, I tried that the second time I stopped...
Hey I'd like to join if you ladies don't mind! For those who don't know me I used to be on the IVF thread before the Fertility Challenged One thread was started! Monkey - I'm so excited to see you've made it to 12 weeks! We're you more anxious this time after your miscarriage? Are you starting to feel confident about this pregnancy yet? I know 12 weeks and my nuchal translucency ultrasound were a huge relief to me after my prior miscarriage. Autumn - best of luck with...
Autumn - I'm a lurker here but I can give you some stats from my IVF cycle. I ended up with OHSS so I had a ton of eggs but maybe not the best quality... 31 eggs retrieved, 29 were mature, 19 fertilized (we didn't do ICSI), 8 embryos frozen. I was not allowed to have a fresh transfer due to the OHSS, so we did a freeze all cycle. Of the 8 frozen we've used 4 so far. One did not survive defrosting, and we had 3 single-embryo FETs. 1 FET was a BFN, 1 was a BFP followed by a...