or Connect

Posts by Conifer

My DS is almost 8 months. He didn't really have anything except BM until after 6 monthes, but now I give him just about anything that isn't overly processed (or atleast my oppinion of overly processed). Basically anything that is in it's somewhat normal state: fruits, veggies, tomato sauce, pasta, eggs etc. I don't like to give him things that could mess with his tummy. I was big on not giving him anything before 6 months and he only finger feeds himself. He just...
We've had one since Christmas and DS never uses it. He looked really uncomfortable and would just sit there and frown like "why did you put me in here" kinda look. It's currently in the yard sale pile
Hi, just wanted to say that I posted a very similar post a few minutes ago! My ds will be 5 months in a few days and I have the same issues. I just looked it up on Kellymom and found that it is probably normal...Guess we'll wait for more replies Thanks!
Hi, My ds is about 5 months now. I still EBF him. Lately he has been waking up at night every 2 hours to eat and eating at least every 2 hours during the day (he was sleeping 6 hours at night). My breasts never feel full any more. Even when he goes a bit longer like 4 hours, I still feel like there isn't much milk in there. I pumped a bottle this morning because I needed to run an errand without ds (this is the first bottle I have pumped in about 20 days) and I could...
Switching sides: I think you should do what feels right to you. I usually just feed one side per feeding and switch at the next one, but if ds didn't eat a lot I might put him back on the same breast. lol my husband laughs because I often forget which side I fed him on last and I will squeeze my breasts to see which is fuller and feed ds from that one. Pumping: I think you could pump some just to relieve if you are uncomfortable. If it doesn't bother you, I would...
I decided to humor my dh and let him feed cereal to ds. I was never planning on it replacing any breast feedings so I was okay with it. Ds grimaced and spit out every bit (we tried 3 bites). He looked at me like "what the hell are you trying to feed me". Then we just laughed and said...guess we'll wait another month or so lol! Problem over! He's definitely not ready and there isn't really any reason for me to feed him anything other than breastmilk
Just wanted to commiserate. My ds (almost 5 months) does the same thing only opposite. He sleeps on his belly and rolls onto his back and freaks out flailing his arms and legs everywhere half-asleep. I just roll him back over and pat his back and he seems fine. He just hates to sleep on his back...don't yell at me about the sleeping on his tummy thing...he will NOT sleep on his back. It's gotten a bit better in the last week. Now when he wakes up he rolls onto his...
Quote: I'd watch the advice your DS's doctor gives you about nutrition and breastfeeding! This is REALLY outdated. The medical community now realises that there is evidence to keep the introduction of solids until 6 months. There are health reasons for the recommendation that exclusive breastfeeding continues until 6 months! I agree. Especially when her first question was "is he taking a bottle yet or are you still breastfeeding". I like the way...
At our ds's 4 month well child check up his doctor said "well, he's 4 months now, you can start introducing food". I was totally not ready for that. He's my BABY...the youngest of 4 with a 5 year gap for the next youngest. I was a little shocked too since I know I didn't start introducing food until 6 months or later with the other kids. I am remarried and this ds is the only one I have with my current dh. I managed to put it off another month. Ds is almost 5 months...
My first son had issues with his baby front teeth as well. I just brushed them and went right along nursing as usual. I was taking him to a dentist regularly to have them checked out. I nursed him for about 1.5 years and he self weaned. He is 9 now, has adult teeth and no cavities. The dentist told me that some kids just have really weak baby teeth. Another thing: we were living in the country and drinking well water. Even though he was EBF, because I wasn't...