or Connect

Posts by sonicfrost

Observing other people's communication is partially how I learned how to communicate at all, so that may be a good idea to observe how they end the conversation as well. Thanks!  
I have next to no social skills. I never learned how to properly communicate until my early 20's (27 now) and I'm still learning. I never knew the significance of "Hi, how are you?" until someone actually explained it to me at 21 years old. I still have trouble on a daily basis, especially with my co-workers. I'm extremely quiet and never initiate a conversation with anyone other than my family. My biggest problem recently is when someone starts talking to me, I can say...
I have a 19 month old, and I am starting college for the first time in a couple weeks. I am taking 3 classes, of 3 credits each and they are online. I am currently working a part time job with about 20 hours a week. I have my work station set up in my bedroom, away from the activity and noise of the house. My husband is currently looking for a job, so he is home and able to watch our son when I'm doing my school work.   Does anyone have any tips on how I can be...
Turns out the mystery plant was hosta. The purple color turned white and they opened up. Odd. And disappointing.   Roses! That sounds wonderful. Are they really called Knock out roses?
I have hostas already growing with leaves around the house. Not sure why these would just be starting to sprout now if they are hostas.
This is the first summer in our new house, and so far I'm liking what I see growing around the house, except in the front. There are evergreen bushes along the front porch, and I hate them. They are partially dead and just look too 80's. I want to tear them out eventually, but not this year. I want to know if there is anything that is "bushy" like an evergreen but that flowers through spring and summer? Not just for a week during the whole year. I love lots of bright...
Hello all   I would like to chat with some other introverts. How do you go about making friends? I find it extremely difficult. I hope this thread gets revived.
I have recently realized I had selective mutism, but I wasn't sure if that's exactly what it was, because I also think I might have Asperger's. Whatever it is, I'm sick of dealing with it. I just want to be normal. I never got help. All the adults around me always said I was a good kid. But enough about my childhood, I don't know how to be a normal adult. I would love to have someone to talk to, but I don't. I don't have insurance for counseling or therapy. I just want...
I've struggled with being "the quiet one" my whole life. I was constantly teased in school for not talking. Kids would come up to me and say things like "Are you a mute?" "Are you deaf?" and especially "Why don't you talk?" Most of the time, I wanted to say something back and respond, but nothing came out of my mouth, nothing came into my head/I could never think of anything to say to them, so I kept my eyes down and ignored everyone around me. I only had 2 real friends...
What do you count as your baby's first word? Is it a word that you say and he/she tries to mimic you by repeating it, but doesn't say it correctly? Is it a word that you say and he/she does mimic you and repeats it perfectly? Is it a word he/she says randomly in the babble and you recognize a word in there? Is it a word he/she says when recognizing something? (you walk into the room and baby says "Mama!") I'm very curious to see your answers!