or Connect

Posts by LuNaLu

When Poppy was 1, she was "swimming" in a puddle jumper.  I never let her out of arm's reach, of course, but it was great to be able to get in the water with my almost 3-year old knowing my just-turned-1 year old was safe but I still had my hands free.   I do think a sling would be good for this year, though!
I was definitely afraid I'd have a feeling of "bottoming out" down there but so far so good!   I also gained about 50lbs but I doubt I'll really lose any of it soon.  My cravings are HORRIBLE while BFing so I've never been successful with weight loss until much later in the game, after baby has started solids and my body isn't in total cow mode ;)   Sky, 2 weeks straight?  Ugh!  You're a trooper!  My DH travels but thankfully is always home on weekends.  Last...
Is anyone back to working out yet?  I jogged my first postpartum mile today and it was fantastic!  It was wonderful not to have to deal with BH contractions or needing to pee while I was out there on the road.  I cut, like, 4 minutes off my pace just by giving birth!  ;)  I'm still a looong way from where I was before I got pregnant, but I at least feel like I'm on track to get back there... someday!   I've never been this active before/during/after a pregnancy...
Sorry it's so ridiculously long, especially considering how fast the actual birth went.  Guess I got kinda wordy! My due date (Thursday, May 17th) came and went, as usual.  I walked a 5k race that Saturday and just tried to keep busy.  Monday I moped around a lot but Tuesday I went grocery shopping, mowed the grass, and cleaned up a bit around the house.  Wednesday I went to the gym and walked a mile then ellipticaled a mile.  After that I took the girls to a park then...
This is heartbreaking to read.  You're such a good mama and your daughter is very lucky to have you <3
Orion Zane P. was born at home into the water (my first tub birth!) at 41weeks 2days, weighing 9lbs 4oz and measuring 22.5 inches. Still can't believe he has a penis! Long story short: My water broke during a random contraction Thursday morning at 12:58am... and we waited and waited and waited. Labor didn't start 'til Friday evening and even then my contractions never got close together. Somehow I slept in 5 minute increments from 10p-6a 'cause my contractions were...
Yay Cristeen, hope it's going beautifully! I'm STILL not in labor but I slept much better last night than the night before so at least now I'm rested.  But it's been 29.5 hours since my water broke and still no contraction pattern.  It's getting kind boring.  The good news is, I've stopped gushing so I think I can go out and about today, but peeing in public toilets makes me nervous in this situation so we'll stick close to home so I can make it back home to hover...
41 weeks today.  My water broke at 12:58am.  Other than sporadically gushing clear fluid (I'm so not a fan of that feeling!) and a little bit of pink-streaked mucus, nothing is going on so far.  My regular appt with my midwife is scheduled for 12:30 today so we're still planning on seeing her then.   Funny thing is, my mom lives in Denver (I'm in Indy) and was debating whether to fly in Friday night or Saturday morning.  This was just last night around 10pm.  I told...
I think I let them go past 2 hours once in a 24 hour period, not to exceed 4 hours.  Otherwise I was pretty adamant about offering the boob every 2 hours around the clock for the first 2-3 weeks, then I let up a little bit.  But I was more focused on building my supply than the baby starving or anything.  So maybe you could just hand express a little (although I suck at that so I'd just pump, but I know some people aren't fond of pumping so soon).
Physically I feel absolutely fine.  I've got the usual pregnancy woes, I suppose, but nothing particularly noteworthy.  But despite me spending this entire pregnancy telling myself to consider my EDD to actually be 42 weeks (DD2 was born at 41w 6d), somehow my heart got the notion that by being more active during this pregnancy, I'd actually give birth in a timely manner (as did my mother and grandmothers).  So now that I'm 40w 4d, I'm starting to feel the crazies...