or Connect

Posts by bklynem

Totally agree - Mothering Multiples is the way to go!
Oh, I feel for you! We battled thrush for a long time, too. It was excruciating and awful. What finally worked for us was grapefruit seed extract for me (putting it on my nipples, following Jack Newman's instructions as to dosage, etc.) simultaneously with Nystatin drops for the babies' (twins) mouths. It seems you already tried GSE. But whatever you are doing, make sure you are treating the baby at the same time. How about gentian violet? It can be very...
Hi! My nearly 12-month-old twins are outdoing me at bedtime. I used to get into bed with both (we co-sleep) and nurse them together until they fell asleep. Now they are suddenly more alert and are really hyper during the bedtime nursing, kicking and flailing arms and whatnot, so that they excite each other and don't relax enough to fall asleep. Often one or both will pull off and crawl away to play. Sometimes she/they will come back a few minutes later and flop down...
I just want to say that when mothers say they'd like their baby to nap independently so that they can "get things done," it doesn't always mean they are talking about things like housework, which can be put off until later. Maybe they do some work from home, or maybe they really do have to pay that bill or make that phone call to the insurance company today, or perhaps they are just trying to prepare food for the family or other children. I agree that we should let go of...
Hi everyone. My 10 month old sleeps with me and nurses frequently throughout the night for sleep/comfort. At these times, her latch is really shallow and somewhat painful for me. It's hard to get her latched on deeply when we're both half-asleep and lying down and it's dark and she's not actually hungry. We don't have this problem during the day when she's actually motivated to get milk. The fact that she is cutting her front teeth might have something to do with the...
Thanks, everyone -- definitely some good ideas here that I am excited to try out.
I've been happily using the EZ 2 Nurse pillow to simultaneously nurse my daughters, now almost 7 months old. But they're getting too long and too heavy to share it for much longer. Can anyone recommend some new set-ups or positions to try? Today I tried sitting both of them in my lap (on a bed pillow for extra height) in something similar to the double cradle hold, but it didn't seem right because their hips faced forward while their faces had to face back for them to...
If your crawlers or toddlers share a mattress on the floor as their bed, how do you get everyone to sleep instead of play or pester each other? I am trying to decide on our sleeping arrangements, so would appreciate any explanation of how this works at bedtime and naptime. Thanks!
There is plenty of time for them to learn to nurse. My babies were born at 36 weeks and were pretty clueless at the breast for the first week or so of life. One used a nipple shield for a few weeks because her mouth was so small. Eventually they got the hang of it, and yours will too. Just stick with it. And congrats!
Does anyone know if there is a rain cover that works with the Baby Trend Double Snap N Go, and if so where I can buy it online? It's getting cold here in NYC and we could use a little extra protection for the babies. Thanks in advance for any leads...