or Connect

Posts by mamadeisaac

Hello ladies, I rarely post but I really need help, I am due on March, I am expecting baby#2, my son will be 4 in a couple of weeks and we are preparing him to be present during my homebirth if that works out for both of us, but I still need someone to be in charge of taking care of him in case he can't be in the room or needs help with food or going to bed. So my mom is the person I have in mind but I just told her recently about my plan of having a home birth, she is...
Thank you for all the replies, is all very helpful. Thinking about it, we have been doing some little things in the process, like making things accessible to him to encourage independence and some of the toys. I have looked into the prices of one of the Montessori schools in the area, they seem reasonable if I hold a job at least part time, we are considering homeschooling but that is the part that worries me to be able to afford materials if I will be staying at home...
Hi,   I have been reading about Montessori and the more I learn about it the more I fall in love with the idea. My DH and I haven't decided if we would home school or bring him to a Montessori school. We might start homeschooling for preschool and if I return to work he can go to a Montessori school. Regardless of what we do in that aspect I want to start creating the environment at home, now what makes me feel overwhelmed is how pricey the toys are and to be able to...
i know it doesn't make sense he likes being snuggled but no swaddled, but that is my son.
Thank you ladies for the responses.The problem is he never liked swaddling and is not a rule that we will always fall asleep in the sling. I would hold him in my arms but honestly I started to resent it at some point and I need some time for myself as selfish as it may sound.I just want to have some place safe to lay him down at least occasionally.I know he likes being snuggled so I was wondering if any of you knew what could help to have in the crib such as a crib...
Hello, This is my first post so hello everyone. I have been following some of the tips from the no cry nap solution book for my almost 7 month old baby boy.He falls asleep at the breast, the problem is when he doesn't feel like nursing, is too distracted for it.The other way he falls asleep is in the car. So after trying different things we came to the conclusion that he doesn't like sleeping in the crib. Other than that, he will stay asleep in my arms and sling.We've...