or Connect

Posts by KSDoulaMama

Good for you. I am still feeling sick. Not as bad as I was at 9 weeks, but still bad enough that I get involuntary spurts of dry heaving on a daily basis without the Zofran. On occasion I'll skip a day, but mostly I just feel like crap without it and it impairs my ability to work, do chores, take care of my kid, and do errands. So at this point I'm staying on it. Sometimes I take two per day and sometimes I take just one... depends on the day.
I have a GREAT RE and he said he likes it between 9 and 55 (not 100% on the upper limit of the range.) When mine was at 11 he prescribed me prometrium (one orally and one vaginally) in addition to my progesterone suppository and progesterone injections. These days it's usually in the 30's with no apparent concern. But if 9 is the lower limit, then I would think that 21.6 is acceptable? I haven't done a lot of research on this though.
Krista- SO excited for you. Those betas sound great.   Crystal- Wow, that is great that baby is head down. It really IS a mystery how they know to get that way, I agree with Isa!   Julie- Love the pic. What a dramatic moment for little R, hehe.   Mizyellow- Hope you all start getting some sleep soon. DD was sick this past weekend and also awake frequently and it really took its toll on DW (as the current breastfeeding mom) and on me (as a pregnant, exhausted...
I don't have time to read everyone's responses right now, but I thought I'd share what I see as necessary now that my first kid is 18 months old. I had a pretty good idea what I'd want from being a postpartum doula and a nanny for so long before becoming a mom, so I did pretty good. I do tend to think that people go overboard with the STUFF for babies, but a few things are really quite nice to have on hand.   Crib- other people say they never used them, but we...
So my 18 month old is generally a great sleeper. She goes down at 7:30pm, sleeps until 7:30am (with a wakeup to nurse around 4:30 and occasionally a wakeup around 1.) She naps in the afternoon from about 12:30 to 2:30/3:00. We worked hard to create a positive sleep environment for her with a good routine. She usually tells us when she's ready to go night night (!!!), goes to sleep quite easily, and is well-rested and happy during the day.   But... she's been sick....
Wow, so glad to hear you're doing better. And that is a very impressive breakfast! I can not wait until delicious food sounds delicious again for me!
I so agree. Now that it's my second time around, knowing that there's a human inside my belly is a little bit more real to me. I guess also seeing the embryos on the screen before they were put in, knowing from genetic testing that the baby is a girl, and having three ultrasounds already done also helps make it real. But I remember when I was expecting G... I just could not wrap my head around the fact that I was actually the home to a tiny person, no matter how much...
  Well, she does not seem to understand at all, but I tell her there's a baby in my belly... Today I showed her my belly and told her "There's a a baby in there." And she said, "No!" as if I was clearly out of my mind. She is only 18 months right now though, so I don't expect her to really get it. Maybe once she is closer to 2 and my belly is actually big? For now, the biggest challenge is that she loves to sit on, jump on, and step on my belly and it is very...
I haven't been taking any bare belly pics, hasn't crossed my mind. But here's me, taken on Friday at 11 weeks.  
I have never heard of using a baggie- to me it seems like a good way to lose some of it when it sticks to the bag? We just used a small tupperware dish, clean and dry but not sterilized or anything. Our KD is from a different state, so we flew him in and he was staying with us. He'd just do his business in his room and we'd be ready for it in our room. He just knocked on the door when he was done and handed the cup to DW. ;)