or Connect

Posts by KSDoulaMama

Just checking in briefly. I've been reading along but I'm not sure I have anything constructive to add to the conversations at this point that haven't been said!   Isa, I have to say I felt the exact opposite after G was born, so I am no help! Once I felt up to it, I did go out to activities like the local community playgroup and library story time just for the sake of getting out. Or the store, or I'd visit DW at work... anything really. Over time I met more and...
On the topic of freezing directed donor samples, most sperm banks will do it. There is a way to waive the 6 months quarantine and retest, and we did it. Our donor was moving out of the country and we wanted to freeze samples before he left. We had to sign a waiver and then our donor had to be tested periodically throughout the time he was giving samples- no samples could be given more than a week from a test date. Our samples have been in the freezer almost a year now,...
I am so sorry that this is a weight you two are carrying right now. I am thankful, though, for you, that you both seem to be able to process and verbalize all of this, which I'm sure is no small task. It says so much about you, your DP, and your relationship. <3
I'm popping in after a long absence... er... period of lurking. I always read but so rarely have I had time to post. I just love all of the baby pictures though!   I am 36 weeks with my surro-babe today. I have made it to California where I will give birth, AND... we've decided to move back here! I can't remember when I last updated, but my wife got a really fabulous new teaching job at a Montessori school here. I will be going back to my career as a postpartum doula...
I think you're allowed to be sad, especially when your hormones are going wild. I remember how strongly my hormones affected me during my last pregnancy and I recognize them again. It was even rougher after Grace was born. Thing is, I was so happy to have my baby, but I just wanted everything else to be perfect and go exactly my way so I didn't lose it! I just wanted to stare at her all day long with no interruptions.Knowing that you have a history of depression and being...
Oh hey, my blog, haha. Yeah, everyone finds something different that works best for them, but I say if it's working, don't try and fix it! No need to over think.
Isa- As long as you don't really have an oversupply, pumping now and then on the opposite side from the one you nurse on shouldn't cause too much of a problem. Also, your breasts are constantly making more milk, and the "emptier" the breast is, the faster it's working at making more. It's kind of nervewracking at first thinking you might be taking all the milk, but it will generally work itself out and if E is still hungry, she'll probably just keep nursing and removing...
Woo hoo! Ready to see another baby!  
Isa- Ahh, mom guilt strikes already. I'm not sure what it is that is making you feel responsible for baby acne, but when I start to feel guilty, I always ask myself, "Did I do the best I could with the information and resources I had?" and in general the answer is yes. I'm going to assume (since you are such a thoughtful and loving mother) that the same is true for you. Also, baby E is so stinkin cute, I can't get over it! I love the outfit and I love her little face!!!
Here I am a few days ago at 31 weeks, 5 days. Can't believe we're getting to the end here...