or Connect

Posts by KSDoulaMama

I love vinegar in almost every form except apple cider vinegar, actually. There's just something about it. I use it for all different things and I'll consume it if necessary (or sometimes even in dressings mixed with other stuff) but I am not big on the flavor. I don't know why. But this pregnancy it's all about the red wine vinegar!
I know what raw apple cider vinegar is, I have a bottle at home, and it is NOT the same. :P
I like Julia, Katherine, Abigail or Charlotte with your other kids' names. I had a friend recently name a baby Eloise too and I love that.
Ugh, it is the same here. I had a homebirth, but we were lucky enough to find a midwife who would travel from a city over four hours away to attend my birth. Not exactly ideal!     Hypnobirthing/Hypnobabies: I researched both and I just kept reading review after review raving over Hypnobabies, and all of the comparisons I've heard are all in favor of Hypnobabies. I don't know as much about Hypnobirthing as I have forgotten by now, but Hypnobabies definitely gave us lots...
I am with you on some of the concerns about hospital birth. My first birth was a homebirth- and it was beautiful, peaceful, and everything I wanted for my labor. This time, since I'm a surrogate I will be laboring at the baby's parents house (they live in a different state than me) and then birthing at a hospital.) Touring the hospital gave me great relief as I now know that the staff truly support natural birth and will help me achieve that and will respect my...
I used Hypnobabies the first time around and I'll use it again. I've already been listening to the affirmations track almost daily (well, nightly) and using the relaxation and nausea tracks as well. I'll probably start the actual program around 25 weeks or so, which is when I started when I was pregnant with my daughter. It just helps me sleep so well, haha. I found Hypnobabies in conjunction with our birth tub to help me achieve a calm, peaceful labor and really stay on...
My capacity for enjoying food is slowly coming back and one of my food cravings from the very early weeks (before morning sickness) has come back- VINEGAR. DW made some quinoa and black beans for dinner and I ate about four bowls of it doused with red wine vinegar and a little salt. Man, the things that sound good when we're pregnant...
I think Fiona goes with your other two kids' names MUCH better. But I like both names. :)
Broody, I do agree that tearing should not be a reason for an elective C-section... but in my postpartum doula practice I've definitely seen quite a few cases where the healing process from a vaginal birth was so difficult due to tearing that it was harder on those women than many of the C-section mamas I've worked with. That said, my experience is biased because those are the women who need postpartum support more than those who have easy recoveries. Also, it does not...
Another no Zofran day for me, but yesterday I had to take a morning one, an afternoon one, AND an evening one because I was just feeling so lousy. I was actually going to take one before work today but I forgot... which was probably not my best move, but at least I didn't feel TOO bad. I only thought about gagging, I didn't actually do it!