or Connect

Posts by Ava's Mama

I just added you Madi!   My DH left yesterday and is gone for 12 days...so far so good.  By the end of today I was ready for some ME time, but overall I had a good day with the kids.  I went to grocery store for the first time with both kids and they did awesome!    DS is 10 weeks now and is just so great.  He is super mellow and I can bring him anywhere.  At night he is doing pretty well.  He goes to bed around 8 and has a 3-5 hour stretch then wakes to nurse...
I would like to join the FB page!  Madi, can you send me the info?
Hi Girls, it has been a crazy couple of weeks, but DD is sleeping and so is DS and I took my shower and thought "what else can I do for myself right now?" so I thought I would check in!  Jend and Carlin - I am right on board with you on struggling with the transition.  I REALLY hope that I can get my relationship back with Dd eventually.  I am not patient enough and she is having trouble whenever I give any boundaries.  DS is amazing. I am able to work with him and he...
Re spit up:  With my DD she spit up a TON!  i was so worried about it.  Brought her to osteopath, nursed in different positions etc.  In the end once she was sitting up at 6 months the spitting up stopped.  DS is the same way, I don't really know what causes it, I think some kids are just pukers!  But he is totally happy (not uncomfortable) and has plenty of poops, so I am not worried, it is just a laundry nightmare!
DD is going to be Belle (Beauty and the Beast) and I just won a fleece cow costume for DS.  Cute because DD "bought" him a cow "lovie" as his birthday gift, so I thought I would go with that theme!
Hi Ladies -   I haven't posted in a while, but I miss you!   Here is my update.  DS will be 5 weeks on Thursday and he is doing great.  He had a little cold, but was a total trooper.  Sleep is going ok, better than Dd was at least.  He has at least two 2-3 hour naps during the day and I can put him down (like motomom it can take a couple of tries) which is amazing!  Night time he falls asleep around 8 or 9 and has a 3 or 4 hours stretch.  He then wakes 2-3 times...
Hi, We are doing pretty well.  DS is over his cold and sleeping a little better.  He is super mellow about everything.  I am doing ok emotionally.  I have lots of support from the women in my life but DH really sucks during the newborn stage, so I guess I just have to get used to it for the next 8 months!    Spit up - My DD spit up tons!  like up to 50 times a day.  I was soooo worried and it went away around 6 months when she started sitting up.  It looks like DS is...
Hi Mole,   I make my own wipe solution and this is my ratio.  1/2 cup water, 1 TBSP Bronner's Baby Mild Soap, a few drops of tea tree oil.  I use cut up tee shirts for the actual wipes and mix about 1.5 cups of it in an old plastic wipes container.  MY DS also has a diaper rash on and off.  Try giving S some air time without a diaper and see if that helps clear it up.  Coconut oil can also help.   I have not started pumping yet, but when I did with my DD I would...
Beautiful story Anyarose!  So glad that you and Nico are doing great!
I can imagine!  I am VERY sensitive to harrassment when pregnant.  I think if we have a third child I will just tell people that the due date is the 42 week date!!  Thinking of you!